Just a Suggestion

Please don’t have a go at me for suggesting the following.

Do you think it would be a good idea to cut off the oxygen to those NIMBYs on Nextdoor by not engaging in conversation about the Triangle. In addition we know that a handful of FofSB regularly read this forum and twist what is written on here to their advantage.

The suggestion is to refrain from posting any more on both Nextdoor or on here regarding the Triangle, until the official consultation period is over. The more we post, the more they twist the truth.

Don’t give them the oxygen to feed their lies.
Agree. The other thing is, how many people are actually on the Nextdoor? I had never heard of it until it came up on this forum (admittedly me not hearing of it might not mean much). The danger with social media/forums is that it can feel like the whole world is saying something when in reality outside of said forum, it just isn't a big deal or there is limited chatter. Even this forum can feel like that when it only represents a small proportion of our fanbase!

My 2 bobs worth for what its worth.

The likes of cllr Middleton , Tackley Steve and leading lights in FoSB perceive next door Kidlington as more or less their own personal fifedom. The was a time a few months ago when anyone who challenged their claims circulating on there was suspended or kicked off ( they use words such as rude and aggressive in convoluted replies, then report posters with the intent to have them silenced). When a few prepared to call out their misleading claims, who wouldn't be bullied, began to challenge them, more previously silent Kidlington people appeared, dissagreeing with their un proven claims. There are, of course genuine concerns that Kidlington residents have regarding Stadium matters, Middleton, FoSB etc prey on those concerns, stoking them up with mistruths and fearmongering. Fact is, there's a hardcore of around 2k in Kidlington parish who are opposed to change of any sort in their 'village' ( a village that does appear to have more than its share of village idiots too). That hardcore of 2k are against any kind of progress , they would oppose the Moon on a stick if it was offered. There are probably more non posting people on next-door Kidlington than there are active posters - especially with Middleton n FoSB spouting mistruths. Thing is those un proven claims inferred as factual , when they really are not factual at all, are repeated on loop constantly. The myths that OUFC can remain at the breeze block, that the lease does not expire in 2026, that the breeze block is available to buy are parroted by Middleton , Campbell, et al , those blatant lies need challenging every time they are recycled. As do similar oft-repeated mistruths, inc parking issues, football fans (perceived) behavior, property prices affected adversely, and others too. Another nuggets is that many on next-door Kidlington actually believe that the poll a few days ago, ( to acertain whether KPC should support OUFC stadium project on The Triangle), provided a no result that will/ has stopped it happening. FoSB / Middleton n co inferred that a NO vote in the poll would (help ) stop things progressing. Seriously there are mistaken posters on next-door Kidlington who believe that voting NO actually means KPC can stop the project. Fact is KPC have no say in the due process. Mis truths, un proven claims and fear mongering IMO need challenging. Yes, next door Kidlington is probably an online ' Toxic wasteland' as a certain pressure group described The Triangle just 6 months ago- although they've done an about turn on that claim, albeit wont provide the evidence to prove their new claims of a wildlife haven. They need public challenges each and every time they infer anything that is un proven. THat said next door Kidlington is viewed by many undecided residents, allowing Middleton n FoSB to peddle misleading information as facts, on a platform that they do not have the ability to silence opposing views ( though the try to) is allowing oft repeated lies to become perceived as fact. They shouldn't go unchallenged

Last edited:
My 2 bobs worth for what its worth.

The likes of cllr Middleton , Tackley Steve and leading lights in FoSB perceive next door Kidlington as more or less their own personal fifedom. The was a time a few months ago when anyone who challenged their claims circulating on there was suspended or kicked off ( they use words such as rude and aggressive in convoluted replies, then report posters with the intent to have them silenced). When a few prepared to call out their misleading claims, who wouldn't be bullied, began to challenge them, more previously silent Kidlington people appeared, dissagreeing with their un proven claims. There are, of course genuine concerns that Kidlington residents have regarding Stadium matters, Middleton, FoSB etc prey on those concerns, stoking them up with mistruths and fearmongering. Fact is, there's a hardcore of around 2k in Kidlington parish who are opposed to change of any sort in their 'village' ( a village that does appear to have more than its share of village idiots too). That hardcore of 2k are against any kind of progress , they would oppose the Moon on a stick if it was offered. There are probably more non posting people on next-door Kidlington than there are active posters - especially with Middleton n FoSB spouting mistruths. Thing is those un proven claims inferred as factual , when they really are not factual at all, are repeated on loop constantly. The myths that OUFC can remain at the breeze block, that the lease does not expire in 2026, that the breeze block is available to buy are parroted by Middleton , Campbell, et al , those blatant lies need challenging every time they are recycled. As do similar oft-repeated mistruths, inc parking issues, football fans (perceived) behavior, property prices affected adversely, and others too. Another nuggets is that many on next-door Kidlington actually believe that the poll a few days ago, ( to acertain whether KPC should support OUFC stadium project on The Triangle), provided a no result that will/ has stopped it happening. FoSB / Middleton n co inferred that a NO vote in the poll would (help ) stop things progressing. Seriously there are mistaken posters on next-door Kidlington who believe that voting NO actually means KPC can stop the project. Fact is KPC have no say in the due process. Mis truths, un proven claims and fear mongering IMO need challenging. Yes, next door Kidlington is probably an online ' Toxic wasteland' as a certain pressure group described The Triangle just 6 months ago- although they've done an about turn on that claim, albeit wont provide the evidence to prove their new claims of a wildlife haven. They need public challenges each and every time they infer anything that is un proven. THat said next door Kidlington is viewed by many undecided residents, allowing Middleton n FoSB to peddle misleading information as facts, on a platform that they do not have the ability to silence opposing views ( though the try to) is allowing oft repeated lies to become perceived as fact. They shouldn't go unchallenged
Sarge. Fully understand what you say, however we must be careful that we don’t post things that help them spout their myth that we are rude, nasty or whatever as that just gives them oxygen to continue to spout their lies as truth. As for the number of anti’s posting on Nextdoor Less than 10.

It's a difficult one. Challenging some of the shite posted on Nextdoor has certainly got them rattled and has led to Middleton in particular showing his true colours. But there is a danger that it continues to get personal and that doesn't reflect well on either side.

There is something really ugly about having people with particularly strong views as admins for a social media platform. Several posters with pro-stadium views have seen posts deleted, or had accounts suspended. In addition we have had the disclosure of personal information along with threats to "out" individuals. It really doesn't sit right with me to simply walk away and give them the satisfaction of "winning". In fact it makes me even more determined to fight back.

However, maybe our energy can be best spent supporting the clubs plans rather than battling these nimby snobs. I'll let the dust settle for now, but can't promise that there won't be more battles ahead.

Sarge. Fully understand what you say, however we must be careful that we don’t post things that help them spout their myth that we are rude, nasty or whatever as that just gives them oxygen to continue to spout their lies as truth. As for the number of anti’s posting on Nextdoor Less than 10.
I do agree in principle with the sentiments @SupporttheTriangle

however I don't like bullies, and don't like liars, neither of which should be allowed to be unchallenged when spouting off on a public forum

if its matter of fact , and doesn't get personal ,irrespective of provocation, I think it will show them for what and who they really are

Last edited:
It's a difficult one. Challenging some of the shite posted on Nextdoor has certainly got them rattled and has led to Middleton in particular showing his true colours. But there is a danger that it continues to get personal and that doesn't reflect well on either side.

There is something really ugly about having people with particularly strong views as admins for a social media platform. Several posters with pro-stadium views have seen posts deleted, or had accounts suspended. In addition we have had the disclosure of personal information along with threats to "out" individuals. It really doesn't sit right with me to simply walk away and give them the satisfaction of "winning". In fact it makes me even more determined to fight back.

However, maybe our energy can be best spent supporting the clubs plans rather than battling these nimby snobs. I'll let the dust settle for now, but can't promise that there won't be more battles ahead.
Agree 100% I find it very difficult not to respond on ND. But for the good of OUFC, I will try my best.

So I've chosen to sign off from Next Door for the foreseeable future but left one final post in response to someone who claimed that Oxford and Swindon fans would meet at the station for a huge fight, that Headington used to be a no go zone but is now a thriving economy, and that the area surrounding the Kassam is awash with tonnes of rubbish every Saturday. He knows all about football fans because he used to support Hartlepool years ago!!!

These are my final words!

"And collectively, this and so many similar posts are why I'll no longer contribute to this platform. Far too many people have outdated and prejudiced views that those who choose to watch football (including thousands of families) are some kind of thuggish under class that will destroy the quaint sleepy village of Kidlington. This view is fueled by a campaign of fear, misinformation and lies from those who oppose the stadium and councillors who are anything but neutral.
Nothing I say will change your view, so I'll leave you to scream into this vacuum of scaremongering NIMBYism and will instead use my energy to support Oxford United with the real battles ahead. But look on the bright side, you might hopefully get the chance to see Oxford play Hartlepool on your doorstep in years to come."

So I've chosen to sign off from Next Door for the foreseeable future but left one final post in response to someone who claimed that Oxford and Swindon fans would meet at the station for a huge fight, that Headington used to be a no go zone but is now a thriving economy, and that the area surrounding the Kassam is awash with tonnes of rubbish every Saturday. He knows all about football fans because he used to support Hartlepool years ago!!!

"And collectively, this and so many similar posts are why I'll no longer contribute to this platform. Far too many people have outdated and prejudiced views that those who choose to watch football (including thousands of families) are some kind of thuggish under class that will destroy the quaint sleepy village of Kidlington. This view is fueled by a campaign of fear, misinformation and lies from those who oppose the stadium and councillors who are anything but neutral.
Nothing I say will change your view, so I'll leave you to scream into this vacuum of scaremongering NIMBYism and will instead use my energy to support Oxford United with the real battles ahead. But look on the bright side, you might hopefully get the chance to see Oxford play Hartlepool on your doorstep in years to come."
You will feel so much better mentally for getting off there, trust me.

There are some absolute tools on next door and Facebook, some really seem to have an agenda against OUFC, one guy was saying how bad it is for the environment etc etc yet interestingly when I checked his profile surprise surprise it turns out he’s a Birmingham City fan, funny that they’ve got a fantastic stadium, I called him out, he didn’t like it, I need to come off it as not good for the mind - There really are some sad people around………

There are some absolute tools on next door and Facebook, some really seem to have an agenda against OUFC, one guy was saying how bad it is for the environment etc etc yet interestingly when I checked his profile surprise surprise it turns out he’s a Birmingham City fan, funny that they’ve got a fantastic stadium, I called him out, he didn’t like it, I need to come off it as not good for the mind - There really are some sad people around………
The more you click, the more bait you supply.
Just cut off the supply .

Very well put. They won't like that one bit.

Back
Top Bottom