French Football Kylian Mbappe £259m offer!

I knew PSG would accept the offer, what club wouldn’t?!

I hope he doesn’t go. But this move might mean Real Madrid now have to make a large offer and not get him for free next summer.

This whole idea of ‘sportswashing’ is strange as I was discussing with a friend how, after all these takeovers etc, I know far more about the crimes and human rights abuses of Saudi Arabia, for example, than I ever did before. It’s really brought it up in the media constantly much more than it ever was before!

I knew PSG would accept the offer, what club wouldn’t?!

I hope he doesn’t go. But this move might mean Real Madrid now have to make a large offer and not get him for free next summer.

I agree. I too think he'll end up at Real Madrid, but he will (or rather his wily agent will) use Al-Hilal to try and leverage as much money out of Real Madrid as possible.

Plus didn't he also screw over Real Madrid once before, in order to wangle more money out of PSG? Now PSG have decided they've had enough of the Mbappe circus -make's you wonder why Real Madrid are interested - particularly given Harry Kane* is approaching his 30s, and has yet to win any silverware.

* Yes, I know Mbappe is a better player, but football is a team game, and Kane is more of a team player.

I agree. I too think he'll end up at Real Madrid, but he will (or rather his wily agent will) use Al-Hilal to try and leverage as much money out of Real Madrid as possible.

Plus didn't he also screw over Real Madrid once before, in order to wangle more money out of PSG? Now PSG have decided they've had enough of the Mbappe circus -make's you wonder why Real Madrid are interested - particularly given Harry Kane* is approaching his 30s, and has yet to win any silverware.

* Yes, I know Mbappe is a better player, but football is a team game, and Kane is more of a team player.
PSG want him to stay and have offered him a massive new deal, it’s just they don’t want to lose him for nothing after paying so much.

A fit and motivated Mbappe is one of the top 3 players in the world, I think every club in world football would take him if they could. He seems to only want to go to Madrid though. They could have some team with him and Bellingham!

Foreign leagues buying marquee players has been a thing for years and years, I guess im curious why theres a fuss now. Is it that saudi isn't enough of a football country? Just the weight of the money making it harder to ignore? We don't have kittens when messi goes to the usa for an elaborate show and tell but we rankle at saudi. Saudi is a more obviously "baddie" country but is it that simple?

Foreign leagues buying marquee players has been a thing for years and years, I guess im curious why theres a fuss now. Is it that saudi isn't enough of a football country? Just the weight of the money making it harder to ignore? We don't have kittens when messi goes to the usa for an elaborate show and tell but we rankle at saudi. Saudi is a more obviously "baddie" country but is it that simple?
Messi is on his retirement tour

Mbappe is at his absolute peak

Very different situations

I`m just glad we made it to the top flight when we did and I was there to savour every moment.

As for now - this sort of situation is unsustainable for football as whole.

Let the mega wealthy scuttle off to form some sort of World Super League and leave us alone.

I`m just glad we made it to the top flight when we did and I was there to savour every moment.

As for now - this sort of situation is unsustainable for football as whole.

Let the mega wealthy scuttle off to form some sort of World Super League and leave us alone.
Yep, agree. It is amusing watching the English, Spanish, French etc getting their noses put out of joint by this, considering they have been hoovering up talent themselves for decades.

So Mbappe is left out of the PSG side yesterday and they draw 0-0 at home and now all of a sudden they have held constructive talks and he is set to stay at PSG…

I don’t usually like player power but it is nice to see PSG being made to look like idiots here. They did this to themselves by giving him a stupid contract and allowing him to have too much say on things and it’s all come back to bite them on the a**e!

… and Neymar is shown the door to help soften the hit on the finances.

Think you've got to give Mbappe some credit for not taking the Saudi billions.

I'm sure it's less to do with him giving a damn about human rights, and more to do with him caring more about his legacy and wanting to win things in Europe to cement that.....but it's still refreshing nowadays when any players realizes that money is not the only driver.

Think you've got to give Mbappe some credit for not taking the Saudi billions.

I'm sure it's less to do with him giving a damn about human rights, and more to do with him caring more about his legacy and wanting to win things in Europe to cement that.....but it's still refreshing nowadays when any players realizes that money is not the only driver.

He's got to go to Real Madrid this time otherwise I don't think he'd ever go there. Hence only willing to go somewhere for 1 year and Real Madrid can't afford a transfer fee. Plus I doubt PSG would be unwilling to loan him to Real Madrid without a very significant fee either.

The question for me is whether PSG are willing to actually bite the bullet and play him after saying he wouldn't play for them this season if he didn't sign a new contract.

He's got to go to Real Madrid this time otherwise I don't think he'd ever go there. Hence only willing to go somewhere for 1 year and Real Madrid can't afford a transfer fee. Plus I doubt PSG would be unwilling to loan him to Real Madrid without a very significant fee either.

The question for me is whether PSG are willing to actually bite the bullet and play him after saying he wouldn't play for them this season if he didn't sign a new contract.

Don't disagree - but I can respect someone for having their heart set on Real Madrid (which is at least a great, historic club) and using their power (and the fact that their club signed them to a dumb contract) to force a move there. It would be very easy for him to take the Saudi billions - and PSG clearly want him to, so that they get their money back - but at this point, he seems resistant to wasting one of the prime years of his career.

As for PSG, they're obviously going to keep trying to sign him to a new contract or offload him to Saudi. But if he stands firm, and they're going to lose him for nowt in the summer anyway.....if you don't play him, you're just hurting yourselves.

I'm loving La Liga running to the EU to claim PSG are getting state aid. I hope PSG point out the alledged shenanigans surrounding Real Madrid's old/new training ground/Madrid Council and how this allowed them out of a massive financial hole when they were pretty much bust.

In least surprising news, Mbappe will leave PSG
Am I the only one bored of this story?

He is a great player but it is clear his attitude stinks.
The way he was unsure of joining Real Madrid as they had lowered the offer to him so he would ‘only’ get £20million a year plus a £110million signing on bonus!

Am I the only one bored of this story?

He is a great player but it is clear his attitude stinks.
The way he was unsure of joining Real Madrid as they had lowered the offer to him so he would ‘only’ get £20million a year plus a £110million signing on bonus!

Lost interest ages ago.

Back
Top Bottom