League One 2018/19 Preview

So apart from the play-offs all is done and dusted. How did our pre-season predictions fair?

1.Luton
2. Barnsley
———————
3. Charlton
4. Portsmouth
5. Sunderland
6. Doncaster
———————-
7. Peterborough
8. Coventry
9. Burton
10. Blackpool
11. Fleetwood
12. Oxford
13. Gillingham
14. Accrington
15. Bristol R
16. Rochdale
17. Wycombe
18. Shrewsbury
19. Southend
20. Wimbledon
———————-
21. Plymouth
22. Walsall
23. Scunthorpe
24. Bradford

We’ve lost three decent sized clubs in Plymouth, Scunthorpe, & Bradford. I don’t think anyone predicted any of those teams for relegation, quite a few chose Walsall.

Wycombe, Rochdale, Accrington all punched above their weight, while Wimbledon did well to avoid the drop after being bottom at Xmas.

One poster predicted Bradford as league champions!

No real big surprises at the top end of the table, although Doncaster making the play-offs & Charlton 3rd was probably above most people’s expectations. Burton failed to challenge for promotion as most expected them to do well.

Now we await the play-offs, any predictions?

Charlton v Sunderland final.;)

I had Sunderland and Portsmouth to finish 5th and 6th! Can ignore the rest though...

I’ve already had my shock in someone predicting them as champions!

A rookie manager, restless fans, seeming issues in the boardroom and some eyebrow raising pre-season results make me feel they’ll do well to finish mid-table personally.

Feel free to bookmark this post when they inevitably do brilliantly and you’re proven right!

Pleased my incredulity at Bradford being predicted as Champions wasn’t found to be ridiculous. Maybe I was just reading that predicted table upside down!!

Money on Barnsley and Charlton to be promoted. Looking promising.

Scrolling through the thread, I wasn't brave enough to make a prediction! For me Luton were a surprise as I didn't think they would go straight up, Sunderland are not in the auto places I thought they'd be and Bradford doing quite so badly was something I didn't expect at all. I think we have ended up about where I thought we would, but I didn't think we would get there in the way we did!

Back
Top Bottom