Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I just read an article on Bristol City.
Mannings record is W 6, D 5, L 8.
Not awful, but no better than Pearson who was sacked.
There is discussion about Sheffield Wednesday wanting it far more than Bristol.
Scott Twine has been injured for much of his time at Bristol C.
The supporters seem to think that Mehmetti is nowhere near Championship level ( which surprises me).

Manning will no doubt get the next transfer window and hope that he does what he did at Oxford at the start of the season..

I’d have a party if we announced him at 9am the morning after he was sacked.

Doesn’t surprise me what’s happening at Bristol City. He’s a slow burn for starters. He’s untried at that level and would’ve been better taking it on with a squad he’d built in League one and could take up with maximum backing and belief in what he does. But much like Des here you can’t blame him for taking it when it came along.

You love to see it.

You love to see it.
How many on here would like to see him back. He may not be Championship standard, but at least he managed to get a mid range league One team into the top of three. Who knows with the January window, he could have well taken us up.

How many on here would like to see him back. He may not be Championship standard, but at least he managed to get a mid range league One team into the top of three. Who knows with the January window, he could have well taken us up.

I would take him back, we were far superior all over the pitch with Manning and Hogg coaching this squad.

16 league games in charge we conceded just 14 goals and scored 28 goals. We also seemed to have a consistent game plan and even in the games we lost we never was outplayed.

Des on the other hand in his 20 league games in charge we have conceded 30 goals and scored 26 goals. We don't seem to have a consistent plan and have been outplayed by Peterborough away, Derby at home, Bristol rovers away and Cheltenham away.

Nope. He did a good job here but I thought at the time we were fortunate to be where we were, the goals were always likely to slow down and cracks were starting to show before he left. Otherwise he did really well at MK when he inherited a team with Scott Twine, Harry Darling and a load of other talent then when he was able to put his own stamp on them took them down. Now he's at Bristol City where he's performing worse than the man he replaced. It'll sound petty but it's not meant to be, he did a good job here, he got us very organised and you could see he had a plan even if it was dull. I don't think we'd have held onto an automatic position if he'd stayed, although I do think we'd be in the playoffs still.

I'd much rather we actually backed the manager we spent a fortune getting out of his last job. This week was the first time he'd had a full quota of staff (bar the assistant of course) and we've put in a very good performance. We've also put in a lot of crap performances and at times he's seemed out of his depth of course but I'll die on the hill that he's been stitched up and if we don't make the playoffs it's as much on those above him.

If he'd left on better terms then 'yes' but given what happened it's a reluctant 'no' from me.

I would take him back, we were far superior all over the pitch with Manning and Hogg coaching this squad.

16 league games in charge we conceded just 14 goals and scored 28 goals. We also seemed to have a consistent game plan and even in the games we lost we never was outplayed.

Des on the other hand in his 20 league games in charge we have conceded 30 goals and scored 26 goals. We don't seem to have a consistent plan and have been outplayed by Peterborough away, Derby at home, Bristol rovers away and Cheltenham away.
So you are not counting last seasons 2 wins in 12 then.

So you are not counting last seasons 2 wins in 12 then.

He was only in charge for 11 games last season, technically only 10 as he was in the stands for the Derby game.

Ultimately he kept up a different squad than we have now and that squad under Karl looked like they were going down. Maybe only won 2 games but the draws against Peterborough ,Sheffield Wednesday and Pompey were decent results too.

It's a shame he didn't stay for the rest of this season here and continue to build on the squad that got us second in the table.

Not for me. Firstly I think we were in a rather false position anyway, and secondly I wouldn't trust him not to b****r off again when another club came calling. I think the second point may be a bit of a problem for him when he gets the boot from Bristol.

Back
Top Bottom