General Manager Sack Watch

indeed he is

0_JS307955065.jpg

just appointed Tony Mowbray as new manager.

That's disappointing as he is clearly surrounded by miserable people with him being the only one doing the Macarena.

A name that brings backs memory’s of our non league days…Russ Penn has been sacked by Kidderminster who are bottom of the national league.

Think his honesty / naivety cost him as much as results did
I don’t think he’s naive and I don’t think honesty is the problem, going into your first job in management and within a month making public the stuff that should stay in the dressing room, as well as doing TV midweek before important games doesn’t really make Deeney sound like a victim here tbh

I don’t think he’s naive and I don’t think honesty is the problem, going into your first job in management and within a month making public the stuff that should stay in the dressing room, as well as doing TV midweek before important games doesn’t really make Deeney sound like a victim here tbh

More like stupidity.

Managerial career probably already over.

Shrewsbury have sacked local lad Matt Taylor (not that one).

That has been on the cards for weeks. According to some Shrewsbury fans they reckon Paul Hurst and his Asst Manager Chris Doig back again.

More rumours that MApp is gone.

Just as they were starting to push for the playoffs.
Joking aside, that would be madness having given him the opportunity to build his own squad.
Even Salmon Pants knows enough about football to realise that - doesn’t he?
That expensive guy they just got in on loan would be pretty pissed off

Yup. I've just heard from a Charlton ST mate that Appleton has been sacked. To be announced in the morning. Shame, if true. Did a great job for us, but made a crazy decision to go as Assistant at Leicester.Pretty much textbook in how to screw up a management career by constant job hopping.

Yup. I've just heard from a Charlton ST mate that Appleton has been sacked. To be announced in the morning. Shame, if true. Did a great job for us, but made a crazy decision to go as Assistant at Leicester.Pretty much textbook in how to screw up a management career by constant job hopping.

I`m sure the pay off softened the blow somewhat............... IIRC he was offered £500k per annum when he left us and his contract at Leicester was for 3 or 4 years before Craig S got the bullet and Appleton went as well.

Not a bad return for a blotchy CV.

I liked MApp, but serves him right, could have become a very good MANAGER if he didn’t downgrade to become an assistant.

I`m sure the pay off softened the blow somewhat............... IIRC he was offered £500k per annum when he left us and his contract at Leicester was for 3 or 4 years before Craig S got the bullet and Appleton went as well.

Not a bad return for a blotchy CV.
Yup. But he's screwed his management career by constantly running after the next pay cheque. That's what Kitson accused him of, and he's probably right. Appleton is only about 45 and that's hid management career pretty much over

Yup. But he's screwed his management career by constantly running after the next pay cheque. That's what Kitson accused him of, and he's probably right. Appleton is only about 45 and that's hid management career pretty much over
How is it his career over? He could easily get a league 2 job for starters.
What he does need to do is actually think long and hard about the clubs he is going into.

Back
Top Bottom