Conference National League Play-Off Final

Don't believe that we've ever played Bromley or Solihull in a competitive fixture, have we? Kind of an indication of where both clubs have come from, even in the past fifteen years.

Still, good luck to Woody. Always liked him as a character, even if I've never seen an Oxford keeper who was quite so terrified of coming off his line!

There was also an earlier friendly at Solihull Moors in July 2016, which I went to with our younger son. Marcus Bignot was Moors’ manager at the time. That also ended 1-1.

Yes- recommend reading Woody and Nord for an insight into the life of the young professional footballer
I bought a copy of that when it came out about 20 years ago and enjoyed it too.
I’d also recommend the three books about Bromley FC by long-suffering fan Dave Roberts, now sadly deceased: The Bromley Boys (the film based on it wasn’t that great, unfortunately), Home And Away, and The Long, Long Road To Wembley.

I bought a copy of that when it came out about 20 years ago and enjoyed it too.
I’d also recommend the three books about Bromley FC by long-suffering fan Dave Roberts, now sadly deceased: The Bromley Boys (the film based on it wasn’t that great, unfortunately), Home And Away, and The Long, Long Road To Wembley.
There was also a friendly there whilst they were still Moor Green and played behind some houses in Hall Green in Birmingham during Ian Atkins tenure - I remember going with my lad and having a chat with IA and a few of the players
They have come on a long way from there despite the disappointment yesterday

There was also an earlier friendly at Solihull Moors in July 2016, which I went to with our younger son. Marcus Bignot was Moors’ manager at the time. That also ended 1-1.
Saw Oxford Ladies v Birmingham ladies at their place a few years ago too

Absolutely quality control and finish by the Worthing striker for their equaliser Vs Braintree in the NL South final.

It is currently on TNT.

Absolutely quality control and finish by the Worthing striker for their equaliser Vs Braintree in the NL South final.

It is currently on TNT.

Some quality finishes in that game. Note Worthing were favourites and at home but ended up losing 4-3 to Braintree in extra time. Also worth mentioning not only did Braintree play an extra game to get to the final their 2 games prior went to extra time aswell so have played 360 minutes of football in less than 13 days where Worthing have only played 210 minutes.

The Braintree goalkeeper looked decent came through the youth system of Blackpool.

Some quality finishes in that game. Note Worthing were favourites and at home but ended up losing 4-3 to Braintree in extra time. Also worth mentioning not only did Braintree play an extra game to get to the final their 2 games prior went to extra time aswell so have played 360 minutes of football in less than 13 days where Worthing have only played 210 minutes.

The Braintree goalkeeper looked decent came through the youth system of Blackpool.
I watched some of all three NL games and the Worthing Braintree game was the best of them I thought. Some really excellent finishing and way more actual football than the Brackley Boston game. Worthing tried to play everything from the back, while Braintree mixed it up a bit. Great ad for tier 5 football.

Back
Top Bottom