Manager/Coach New Head of Athletic Performance

Oh I must have missed that, thanks.
It wouldn't have been mentioned by the club because it's not positive news, Des let it slip in an interview. I posted this in January and had mentioned before that we were waiting on a new staff member.
He certainly hasn't been. Manning had Hogg as a trusted right hand man, we spent months chasing people, offering them pay cuts and getting turned down before just sort-of-but-not-really giving it to Hackett. The way it was announced was a giveaway that it wasn't our first choice and we were about 10 games into Des' reign by then.

Another member of the backroom staff also left around the time Des came in but he still appears on the website and I've seen no notification that he's gone. I suspect when the new guy is in next week we'll see a "he replaces x with immediate effect, we thank x for his services" message from the club as if he's been here the whole time and we've not been another man down while Des is trying to fill those roles and manage the team. I've not seen much of a plan on the pitch under him but he's been stitched up by a board who are either absent or not up to it.
It's why I've held back from being too critical of Buckingham. He's been completely and utterly stitched up off the pitch and I don't think people realise how much impact it has had. The assistant manager situation is absolutely ridiculous, such a basic need especially with him coming from India that we completely and avoidably messed up before shrugging out shoulders, giving up and sort of suggesting to fans that it was Hackett without using those exact words so there was some wiggle room when everyone says what a bad idea it is. Just terrific leadership all round.

Still, good luck to Taylor and I hope he'll make a difference. Anything that reduces the amount of injuries and relapses we have is only a plus.

Last edited:
It wouldn't have been mentioned by the club because it's not positive news, Des let it slip in an interview. I posted this in January and had mentioned before that we were waiting on a new staff member.

It's why I've held back from being too critical of Buckingham. He's been completely and utterly stitched up off the pitch and I don't think people realise how much impact it has had. The assistant manager situation is absolutely ridiculous, such a basic need especially with him coming from India that we completely and avoidably messed up before shrugging out shoulders, giving up and sort of suggesting to fans that it was Hackett without using those exact words so there was some wiggle room when everyone says what a bad idea it is. Just terrific leadership all round.

Still, good luck to Taylor and I hope he'll make a difference. Anything that reduces the amount of injuries and relapses we have is only a plus.
Terrible from Grant/Tim but no surprise there, hopefully a few get stuck into them at the upcoming fans forum. If you want Des to have any chance you need to at least give him a proper support structure.

Has the analyst who was coming in from Arsenal officially started yet? Seems like quite a while ago since he started working his notice period

Has the analyst who was coming in from Arsenal officially started yet? Seems like quite a while ago since he started working his notice period
To be fair he's actually been in for quite a while I believe.

Luke Taylor sounds to be a good appointment.
The club certainly seem to be taking a very different approach to players coming back from injury now.

Am I the only one who has no idea what 'head of athletic performance' actually means/entails?!? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom