New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I know it's far from guaranteed but it will be incredible if we get to the final to see thousands of fans on the platforms of Oxford, Parkway, Bicester and other train stations as Oxfordshire going to Wembley by public transport.

We really will be Oxfordshire United!

I know it's far from guaranteed but it will be incredible if we get to the final to see thousands of fans on the platforms of Oxford, Parkway, Bicester and other train stations as Oxfordshire going to Wembley by public transport.

We really will be Oxfordshire United!
Oh please tell me Steve has booked theatre tickets for that day!

His sole purpose of this post was to antagonise us to to try and get some kind of response out of us to justify why this letter was sent in the first place. He's even put a link up to this forum to try and get others to read it if anyone does click the link they will be surprised to see a likeable bunch just trying to safeguard the future of the football club they support

Ok a dozen or so
agree, about that many opponents- most of them not in Kidlington too

I get genuine concerns from some residents re parking and the like, and they should be listened to and addressed, reality is those, in the greater scheme of things, 'minor' ( not minor to those it affects of course) traffic issues are relatively easy to sort out. Though until planning permission runs its course, those in a position to address and sort out minor traffic issues, wont be putting any proposals forward for consideration - hence, the dozen or so NIMBYs preying on concerns and scaremongering to gain support for their narrow agenda of naysaying

The fact he has pontificated over an answer and deflected a lot of blame onto OUFC supporters and threw in a few wild accusations says a lot.

Indeed, playing it down, a lot of bluster and blame deflection. Just what you would expect from Cllr Middleton, local folk deserve better from their representatives.

I suspect Middleton and fosb chums know who sent the racist hate mail letter.

Indeed, playing it down, a lot of bluster and blame deflection. Just what you would expect from Cllr Middleton, local folk deserve better from their representatives.

I suspect Middleton and fosb chums know who sent the racist hate mail letter.
They definitely know who sent the letter. There's only a few people with that writing style.

agree, about that many opponents- most of them not in Kidlington too

I get genuine concerns from some residents re parking and the like, and they should be listened to and addressed, reality is those, in the greater scheme of things, 'minor' ( not minor to those it affects of course) traffic issues are relatively easy to sort out. Though until planning permission runs its course, those in a position to address and sort out minor traffic issues, wont be putting any proposals forward for consideration - hence, the dozen or so NIMBYs preying on concerns and scaremongering to gain support for their narrow agenda of naysaying

I agree with all of this. Road closures or parking issues are a real concern for locals, and there will always be horror stories and lies that will increase their fears.

Appropriate traffic management plans, as seen at every event up and down the country, and free to use permit parking zones will address 90% of these issues on day one, with further improvements as everyone adapts and changes traveling habits.

I still think that the club/stadium team missed a trick in not addressing these issues more clearly at the launch event or in the months since (OUSP made our views clear on this!). But now that we are in planning there will be the opportunity to set the record straight and commit to making the stadium friendly to supporters and local residents alike.

Nearly all other objections are based on lies, stereotypes and a nimbyism that makes them barely worthy of a response.

Back
Top Bottom