Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Keown got the job I’d hand back my season ticket. Wouldn‘t want that ****** anywhere near the club. Disliked him as a player and as a pundit, well it’s just laughable the nonsense he comes out with. No thank you.
Was offered it once before and turned it down, think he would sort out the back 5

The conversation I had last week said that 5 people had been interviewed and they were looking to interview the top 2 again this week. No mention was made at that time about others being spoken to. I asked about names and was told that because of the betting market they couldn't risk giving names. I said, "is it safe to say it's MApp and one other". The reply was "no, he's not expected to get a second interview."

I've had a couple of health issues over the last few weeks, and had a day in hospital this week, and surgery likely the week after next. So I haven't posted much and haven't spoken to this individual since the end of last week.

Simply put, I don't know the names of the final 2, or if anyone else spoken to this week has changed the picture. I was leaning towards Grant McCann, but Liam Manning is someone that we would have all loved to have had here if we were a year ago. Heard good things about his coaching style and development of players, but may be burnt by his experience this season.

Like others, I would expect an announcement this week and expected one today - but hopefully tomorrow to get things in place for some huge games coming up.

All the best

Manning couldn't be more different from Karl and I believe will be a breath of fresh air.

He's articulate, humble, and a man who understands accountability — there'll be no stripping of the captaincy to deflect blame. I'm excited by this appointment, and am grateful to MK, as if he'd been not been sacked less than a third of the way into the season I think there's a good chance we'd be one place closer to the relegation zone right now.

He's got a horrible task ahead of him, but I wouldn't trade our squad for any of those below us, and believe he can turn our fortunes around.

It's not the time for moaning about not hiring McCann or Appleton, him and the players need our backing now, we've got a massive couple of months ahead.

Liam Manning's Yellow Army.

I agree. Manning would have been way out of our league in the summer and on the watchlists of plenty if Championship clubs. Is it a massive failing of his that he couldn’t turn a poor squad into a good team? Probably not, although it doesn’t worry me about the situation he will find himself in here now.

The Head of Recruitment hire looks very very important now.

An outside the box kinda choice how about jack Ross ex Sunderland manager

Have just got in haven’t read any posts but take it no one yet.
To be honest I don’t care who gets it now.
Whoever and what they’ve achieved in the past. As long as they are capable of keeping us up and then push on next season.
Have never taken to Robinson and resent the fact he’s put us where we are.

Whoever comes in at this time is a gamble, including MApp. Take the emotion and the big home coming away and MApp could be an even more dangerous game with how he tends to build slowly.

Quite honestly I don’t think the appointment of Mapp would be less or more dangerous than the other leading candidates. They’ve all got question marks on their ability to turn things round quickly.

What Mapp does have in his favour though is the undoubted feel good factor and unifying aspect he would bring to the club and fanbase, that could be crucial.

However for these last few games it’s all about who can quickly install some belief and confidence into the players, and have the nous to coach and implement a successful system/formation with the players at their disposal.

The board have firstly got to choose the person they believe can do the above, but also believe that same person has the ability to sort out Robinson’s mess in the summer, and start to progress us next season.

Yes, I could.

An interview process isn’t objective, it’s subjective. Two different boards will quite possibly appoint two different candidates. It’s not like the questions are: ‘How fast can you run 100 metres? How many press-ups can you do?’ And you hire whoever has the highest answer. It’s much more nuanced than that, and someone who interviews well has only really shown you that they’re good at interviewing.
Well, you've hit on the conundrum of interviewing. Much as exams identify who is good at exams, interviews identify those who are good at interviews. The results may or may not relate to ability to do the job. Fortunately there is the track record too. However, as investment banks will tell you, past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future! The best candidates for any job will come with a plan and some innovative ideas, will have studied the staff and the task in hand, and will tell a convincing story about how they will bring success. Let's hope there's one or two who stand out and are not just on the managerial merry go round applying for any job that falls vacant.

If we get relegated, it won't be Manning or any other incoming manager who will have relegated us.

What a stupid thing to say. Don’t take the job then. The last thing we want is a manger who’s going to come in and make a shed load of excuses if it doesn’t go to plan. I want a manger who will grab this club by the b*******, steady the ship and be accountable for the quarter of season he has got to make an impression. We are currently 4 or 5 points clear, most of the teams below are smaller and have inferior squads. If the new man gets us relegated from this position and you don’t apportion any blame on him then thats a quite astonishing take on the situation.

• React
Reactions: m
Could manning be the first league one manager to relegate two clubs in one season?
He won’t be the one who’s relegated us. That responsibility lies totally with KR, TW, Tiger and ultimately the board in general, but the trust the owners put in these key people has been betrayed.

Whether it’s Manning or anyone else, if we go down they are not responsible in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom