Votes: 8 20.0%

Votes: 11 27.5%

Votes: 9 22.5%

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Did ok ...bar 2 possible pen shouts? And was rather late remembering he had yellow & red cards in his pocket ...got em out earlier & sunderland wouldve been down to ten . . . Tried to let the game flow ....a steady 5

Excellent.
Let play go whenever he could , talked to the players, and bade clear what decisions he was making.
Best ref I have seen all season

5.. while he may have tried to let the game flow first half. Second half went against all the good things he'd done and became very picky with his decision making. His one big decision he bottled it. Elliott Moore with a free header on the 6 yard line and bundled over by their defender 100% penalty.

He was quality and his style meant we got a good game of football today (result aside).

8 from me one of best we’ve had for a while but the bar is set pretty low, probably a pen for us though.

He was consistent which is always a good start. Only thing was he consistently penalised professional fouls with only a free kick but no booking so Sunderland kept on doing it! 😠 Saved Whyte a yellow though. 7

Last edited:
Pretty decent although missed a cert penalty on Moore being pushed

Did ok ...bar 2 possible pen shouts? And was rather late remembering he had yellow & red cards in his pocket ...got em out earlier & sunderland wouldve been down to ten . . . Tried to let the game flow ....a steady 5
Only 5 out of 10? Really? And at what point in the match were Sunderland ever likely to be down to ten? I don't recall them.

Crap Ref. His 1st half was absolutely wiped out by failing to spot an obvious rugby tackle on Elliott Moore as he was going to head the ball in. A penalty and a red card.

He went weird in the final 20 minutes and a Sunderland defender only had to fall over for a free kick. Half of the injury time was basically their keeper waiting to take a goal kick; which he did absolutely nothing about but wag his finger at him then not bother adding that wasted time back on.

Superb Ref and how nice to see one actual try to let a game flow rather always reach for the whistle.

One thing that does annoy me across the game is this constant opponent standing by the ball at Free Kicks blocking one avenue for a pass, i don't mean just to prevent a quickly taken kick they stay there regardless.

One of the best refs I have seen for a long time. Got most of the decisions right and tried to let the game flow. Hence a 9 from me

Best for ages which helped the game flow, don`t think he got much wrong so a solid 9, why can`t they all be like that?

If he had spotted the penalty on Moore I would have gave him 7 but I have given him 6 as others have mentioned first half he was very good second half he seemed to lose his cards and forgot all the good stuff he done in the first half

Back
Top Bottom