Pat Quartermain

Pat Quartermain was the left back when I first started going to watch United and was a very good player. He was a strong member of the team that reached the FA cup Quarter Final in 1964.
Rest in Peace Pat

Last edited:
He was a great servant to the club. a fierce competitor on the field, but pretty laid back in his personality. Lived towards the Cowley Road end of Magdalen Road. Always queued up outside the Regal for the ‘Greenun’ Sports Mail after home games. RIP Pat.

He was a great servant to the club. a fierce competitor on the field, but pretty laid back in his personality. Lived towards the Cowley Road end of Magdalen Road. Always queued up outside the Regal for the ‘Greenun’ Sports Mail after home games. RIP Pat.
Might be wrong, but thought they had the shop on the corner of Howard street.

Was that Hands the newsagents. He may have bought it after I married and moved away.
This was when I was a kid in Cowley, so back in the 60s.
Whether it’s correct I’m not sure, as I mentioned.

He was a customer of mine, many years ago, when he had a shop in Garden City. Nice man and always enjoyed talking about football, and particularly Oxford United. This was more than 40 years ago, and at the same time another customer of mine was Graham Atkinson, who had a shop on Milton Trading Estate (as it was then called), another very nice man.

RIP Pat.

Great story. I live five minutes walk from him.

DjngoWeWsAAI8F7

Back
Top Bottom