League One Paul Cook sacked at Ipswich

I could see I know it’s abit far fetched but
Appleton going to Ipswich there is the mark Ashton connection the only problem is Ipswich would have to pay compensation as Appleton not long ago signed a four year contract
The cowleys get sacked at Pompey they go back to Lincoln a club they’ve had success with a club they know
That leaves cook who could replace the cowleys at Pompey again a club he’s had success with but would Pompey want to go with him again or try something new

On a serious note do you think KR would be interested and if he was would we be interested in cook
I think Ipswich will be aiming a lot higher than the likes of KR. Personally, I'd have Cook here in a heart beat.

I don’t get all the hype about the cowleys other than a very good spell at Lincoln they’ve achieved nothing
Defo, they've achieved very little, but they've got Pompey firing. Yesterday was their first loss in 10, and 7 of those have been wins. And they're top of the league on current form.

on’t get all the hype about the cowleys other than a very good spell at Lincoln they’ve achieved nothing

They also had a fantastic spell at Concord Rangers with 3 promotions in 5 years taking them from the Essex Senior Lg to the National League South. Then in one season at part time Braintree Town they got them into the National League Premier play offs which got them the move to Lincoln and the success they had there. So pretty much 10 years of success.

I think the Pompey owners are looking at a rebuild job which will take this and the next transfer window, at least, before the Cowleys get the squad they want. Iirc, budgets have been cut as well and the Cowleys are having to shift players out before getting new ones in.

Also, Pompey are only 1 point behind us albeit we have a game in hand.

I wonder whether he Would’ve got Braintree into L2.
He certainly did well with Lincoln, and actually kept Huddersfield up when he got rewarded with the sack

I wonder whether he Would’ve got Braintree into L2.
He certainly did well with Lincoln, and actually kept Huddersfield up when he got rewarded with the sack

I think the off field issues and budget limitations would have caught up eventually as Braintree lost key players for the following season. It would have been a stunning achievement if they had.

I have a soft spot for Braintree as my best man‘s brother played for them in the eighties.
They were playing park football in Chelmsford then.
I have a lot of respect for managers that started out in non league, and of course Chris Wilder started his career in non league

I see Ryan Lowe has left Plymouth to join Preston today with Plymouth making Lowe's assistant Steven Schumacher the permanent manager. Will be interesting how they perform in the second half of the season now.

I see Ryan Lowe has left Plymouth to join Preston today with Plymouth making Lowe's assistant Steven Schumacher the permanent manager. Will be interesting how they perform in the second half of the season now.
Could be a Doncaster scenario when darren Moore left for Sheffield Wednesday or could be a charlton scenario when KR left to join us and bowyer took charlton up I hope for the Plymouth fans it’s more donny than charlton 😂😂

Cook has spent millions to get a team to 11th.

Robinson has made millions for our club whilst getting us to 5th.

Be careful what you wish for.
Well put; we’d be hard pushed to find a manager who cares as much about this club and the county. Whether Cook would be that man too, I don’t care and I hope we don’t need to find out.

Robinson has installed such a specific style of play in our side that I think our players would seriously struggle if he were to leave and a new manager had new ideas. The grass isn't always greener, Robinson is not perfect but we will always be competitive whilst playing attractive football, which is what many clamour for.

Cook has spent millions to get a team to 11th.

Robinson has made millions for our club whilst getting us to 5th.

Be careful what you wish for.

Errrrrr......I know that you have the most half-full glass of any Oxford fan out there.......

But KR making us millions??
Yes, we made a profit of 1.5m last year (thanks to the Whyte/Baptiste/Fosu sales), but we lost 4.2m the year before, and 2m the year before that!

Not using this as a stick to beat KR, because he's doing great and most clubs at our level lose money.

But I'm going to call out anyone who uses net transfer income as a substitute for profitability - because they are a million miles away from being the same thing!

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom