Votes: 10 19.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What racist abuse are you referring to? First I've heard of any. Or is this more made up s**t from Pompous fans, like the alleged time wasting, and cheating when we beat you at our place.

Also, I find it an amazing coincidence that you managed to join this forum on the very day after your mid table team beat promotion chasing Oxford. You know, what with you not here to gloat and all that.

And as for the three stands dig, it might surprise you, but we've heard that one before. About. A. Million. Times. Before.
I signed up because I saw a thread about how the referee was so bad bla bla bla. But yet at your place you think the ref was good… yet in our eyes he was awful.

Either Morells red against you was a bad decision.

Or last nights was bad that he only got a yellow?

Time wasting and time added on… I suppose you guys thought that the 10 minutes added on was fair at your place?

Again… this is why I joined. I saw a thread about the ref …. I haven’t once gloated, irrespective of when I joined

I signed up because I saw a thread about how the referee was so bad bla bla bla. But yet at your place you think the ref was good… yet in our eyes he was awful.

Time wasting and time added on… I suppose you guys thought that the 10 minutes added on was fair at your place?

Again… this is why I joined. I saw a thread about the ref …. I haven’t once gloated, irrespective of when I joined
If VAR was present in that game, Morrell's red card would not have been changed - his challenge was reckless, if not malicious. Hirst would also have been sent off in that game with VAR, as he deliberately swung out an arm/elbow to ensure he made contact with Moore's head. And the 10 minutes was absolute minimum that should have been added, for the normal stoppages pointed out above combined with the worst display of time-wasting ever seen from your GK Bazunu.

Incidentally, I think Long was lucky to stay on the pitch last night.

@Royal_blue_90 we may only have 3 stands but at least we don't need a dopey old c**t with a f*****g bell to make an atmosphere and as for the drummer boy he can shove it up his a**e
I do think it's funny how little old Oxford have got into the heads of the all mighty Portsmouth
And to keep to the topic that ref was out of his depth last night

The red was crap for both teams last night as regard the Morells sending if could go eithea yellow or a red but the forearm smash on Elliot Moore by Hirst was a red all day, as for the added time check @captainox post on page 2 which will explain the added time.

Bullshit.

Why didn't you join this forum the day after we beat you? You came on here to gloat and wind people up.

You haven't answered my question about racist abuse. Also, I haven't said anything about the referee at our place, so don't infer that I have.

Having not had the opportunity to see the game live, I watched the full match back on iFollow and took particular notice of the 2nd half incidents that would have seen time added on (as had seen the various moans and groans about the amount of time on twitter)

46:55 - Bazanu is warned about how long he is taking for a goal-kick
(This is unusually very early for a ref to start warning players for second-half time wasting but spot on and shows that the ref was on it and keeping track. Pompey commentators also mention how long he is taking, even discussing whether a keeper has ever been sent off for 2 yellows for time wasting before)

55:37 - Freeman goes down injury
60:13 - Play restarts
[Stoppage of 04:36]

In the second half there was also the following where time is added on at 30seconds a piece
51 - Ronan Curtis Goal
55 - Nathan Holland On
63 - Sam Winnall On
71 - Ryan Tunnicliffe On
82 - Cameron Brannagan Goal
83 - Aiden O'Brien On
87 - Marcus McGuane On
[Stoppage of 03:30]

So the total stoppage time before any other injuries, time taken for bookings (5 in the half before 90minutes) etc. was 08:06
Bazanu was booked for time wasting in the 88th minute so it is only fair to assume, that in the 42minutes since he was first spoken to, the referee found more time to add on the 8minutes noted above.

We scored the winner at 95:53 so well within the correct amount of time added on, regardless of whether the final figure of 10 was too much or not.
Stop dealing in facts. Cowley whinned about there being too much added time so that must be the case.

Pompey fans still proud of winning the fa cup and being a PL team despite bankrupting local business and organisations.

Classy that.

Also to the Pompey fans on here. Why don’t you respond to captain ox’s post and reply. Maybe even watch the whole game back.

Now go and watch Southampton on bbc and learn what a big club is.

Bullshit.

Why didn't you join this forum the day after we beat you? You came on here to gloat and wind people up.

You haven't answered my question about racist abuse. Also, I haven't said anything about the referee at our place, so don't infer that I have.

One fan on here mentioned it. Not backed up by any oxford fan on here or who I’ve spoken too today.

fouth official to 'manage' time added ... after all the fourth official, if last night is any indicator, when he wasn't interested in Cowley going for long walks outside of his technical area , would've been better placed perhaps

there again the likes of Farry Evans , Westley and Cowley et al would be in the face of fourth officials even more if they were adding time on for time wasted ...so perhaps not after thinking about it
We should have stopped time wasting (goal kicks, throw ins etc) in the first half when we were leading. Think that cost us as we took our foot off the pedal allowing them to get back into the game/raise their tempo/hopes. I can understand us doing it as I think we do it to try and not allow them to get that tempo/flow going, but when it doesn’t work it tends to back-fire which it did last night.

After going 3-1 down we started to increase the tempo again and had them on the back foot.

Regarding the ref, I was expecting him to be worse than he was, especially after reading about his connections (cousin playing for Swindon & Pompey). Only real gripes was him blowing the whistle with 30-40 seconds to go and his inconsistency with fouls etc, but at times he was poor for both sides.

Thought the ref last night was generally very poor for both sides, let alot go but was inconsistent with his decision making to the point that at one point in the first half I felt he was close to losing control. Players will always push the rules and that's where the ref has to set the line so they know how far they can go, this guy kept shifting the line so no-one knew what was or wasn't acceptable. I don't think he affected the result though but that was more by luck than anything else.

I was stood just to the left of the goal about half way up and I certainly didn’t hear any racist chants, in fact I don’t think I heard any chats directed towards the ref. Yes there was the odd you f*t bast**d aimed at a couple of rotund lads at the bottom of the north stand who were trying to give it large, so they could brag to there school mates. Only thing that annoyed me was the smoke bomb. There really is no need for it and it’s not cool.

Back
Top Bottom