Playoffs: Watching/listening to the matches for those of us who can't attend

OUFC OX3

Clearly I know am a minority here being based in Singapore.
1) Does anybody know if it will be broadcasted on iPlayer?
2) Or/and a sports channel?
3) Shall ROX be giving us (outside of Oxfordshire) an audio live feed?
Kind Regards

Clearly I know am a minority here being based in Singapore.
1) Does anybody know if it will be broadcasted on iPlayer?
2) Or/and a sports channel?
3) Shall ROX be giving us (outside of Oxfordshire) an audio live feed?
Kind Regards

It’s on sky sports so you will be able to find a stream somewhere.

The Ifollow site says that in league one all league games will be on Ifollow regardless of whether an international broadcaster is showing it.
I expect them to be on Ifollow, although it doesn’t explicitly mention playoffs.

On the OWS under iFollow is the following under the menu item subscribe

"Next Available Match
There are no upcoming match passes available. "

I remember that all of our last forays (Pompey, Wycombe, Blackpool) into the playoffs were not on iFollow.
Bought a WOW pass for the final and had an urgent appointment to go fishing for the other two.

I remember that all of our last forays (Pompey, Wycombe, Blackpool) into the playoffs were not on iFollow.
Bought a WOW pass for the final and had an urgent appointment to go fishing for the other two.
It might be different this time. In previous seasons if a league game was on sky (and therefore Bein in Oz) it wasn’t on Ifollow. This season they’ve been on Ifollow too. Hopefully that extends to playoffs. If not I’ll be subscribing to bein or kayo or whatever for the month.

Not looking good for watching the playoffs on ifollow. If I go in the app here in Canada, there’s no upcoming video or audio options.

My prediction following some sleuthing is if an international broadcaster has the rights to show the game, it won’t be on ifollow, regardless of whether the international broadcaster plans to show the game or not. Therefore, since it’s on DAZN here in Canada, it won’t be on ifollow here.

To be clear, in some countries, it seems that the broadcaster with the rights may be choosing not to show the games, but you still can’t watch on ifollow. Crazy.

This article from Northampton a couple of years ago explains more:

Good luck to all the expats!

Hopefully fawanews.com will help us exiles. If available it will begin only 3 or 4 minutes before kick-off.

For exiles who don't want to chance it with the streaming sites a Now TV subscription set up in the UK with UK card details can be accessed using a decent VPN set to UK when overseas. That's based on experience last August when I accessed Sky via NowTV while travelling but suggest testing first in case they've tightened VPN detection. If you don't have a UK bank account friends/family to the rescue

For those of us currently in the US, ESPN+ has our game on its schedule.

I'll subscribe to it if it's not available on fawanews, but my bet is that it will be available there, for free.

For those of us currently in the US, ESPN+ has our game on its schedule.

I'll subscribe to it if it's not available on fawanews, but my bet is that it will be available there, for free.
Check Ifollow before paying any money. This season, league one games that are shown on sky (bein, Espn etc) were also shown on Ifollow abroad.

Not looking good for watching the playoffs on ifollow. If I go in the app here in Canada, there’s no upcoming video or audio options.

My prediction following some sleuthing is if an international broadcaster has the rights to show the game, it won’t be on ifollow, regardless of whether the international broadcaster plans to show the game or not. Therefore, since it’s on DAZN here in Canada, it won’t be on ifollow here.

To be clear, in some countries, it seems that the broadcaster with the rights may be choosing not to show the games, but you still can’t watch on ifollow. Crazy.

This article from Northampton a couple of years ago explains more:

Good luck to all the expats!
It was definitely different this season for league one (but not for championship) so I am still holding out hope for Ifollow.

Here’s the relevant bit from the Ifollow website:
Sky Bet League One & League Two

For the 2023/24 Season, overseas supporters can now watch ALL league games live on iFollow - even those selected for broadcast by the EFL overseas broadcast partners or Sky Sports! These matches will also have a full match replay available to users with an active iFollow subscription after the live event.

Latest streaming restrictions and the list of international broadcasters can be found on the EFL website.

Already have a subscription to ESPN+, cos I love me some Ice Hockey, so no problem getting the game.

But would much rather watch on iFollow so I can listen to Jerome, Nathan & Rosie rather than whichever random punter will be doing the international coverage, so fingers crossed that this still counts as a league game!

(and Chuckbert is definitely right - it used to be the case that an international broadcaster showing the game meant no iFollow but that wasn't the case for the first time this season)

Back
Top Bottom