• Lee Bowyer

• Grant McCann

• Danny Cowley

• Liam Manning

• Premier League U23/U21 coach

• Frank Lampard

• Steven Gerrard

Results are only viewable after voting.
Interesting, he was a coach at Newcastle wasn’t he? That’s the sort of unexpected appointment I’d hope we make
Yes he’s at Newcastle at present, been part of Eddie Howe’s backroom team at Burnley and Bournemouth also.

I think Craig Bellamy could be an inspired appointment. He was touted as a suitable manager for us a few years ago but for whatever reason it didn't transpire. He's a leader (captained both club and country), and I know many people say that ex players don't make good managers (Gerrard, Lampard, Bruce, Keane...), but there are many examples of ex players making excellent managers (Guardiola, Alex Ferguson). Even Klopp played professional football in Germany.

I think Craig Bellamy could be an inspired appointment. He was touted as a suitable manager for us a few years ago but for whatever reason it didn't transpire. He's a leader (captained both club and country), and I know many people say that ex players don't make good managers (Gerrard, Lampard, Bruce, Keane...), but there are many examples of ex players making excellent managers (Guardiola, Alex Ferguson). Even Klopp played professional football in Germany.
Over 80 (90?) per cent of managers are ex-players so it isn’t hard to find some successes amongst their ranks.

In fact, does anyone know how many of the current 92 league managers did not play professional football at a league level at some point?

Even Steve Evans played 168 games in the Scottish league system!

He's 43 and currenly assistant manager at Burnley. Would you not have expected him to have had the top job at a club by now?

This sort of thread just plays into TW and GF’s hands. If they do read these boards they must P**s themselves. ‘Look they keep calling for us to sack Karl but look what they come up with as alternatives!’

It really isn’t up to us to find a new man, it’s up to the club to do the right thing - put KR out of everyone’s misery, organise an interim team to look after things while they invite applicants, draw up a shortlist, carry out interviews and then employ the best candidate asap.

This sort of thread just plays into TW and GF’s hands. If they do read these boards they must P**s themselves. ‘Look they keep calling for us to sack Karl but look what they come up with as alternatives!’

It really isn’t up to us to find a new man, it’s up to the club to do the right thing - put KR out of everyone’s misery, organise an interim team to look after things while they invite applicants, draw up a shortlist, carry out interviews and then employ the best candidate asap.
What a strange post - this is a forum for conversation and debate (and some border line lunacy), what do you expect? We're not 'playing' into the hands of the management and owners. Frankly, it a small number of people howling at the moon!

OK I will go in hard! Rafa Benitez.. come on board show us some bloody ambition.

OK I will go in hard! Rafa Benitez.. come on board show us some bloody ambition.
Rafa benitez sod that I reckon we could get either Zidane or abit more realistic Nuno espirito santos

What a strange post - this is a forum for conversation and debate (and some border line lunacy), what do you expect? We're not 'playing' into the hands of the management and owners. Frankly, it a small number of people howling at the moon!
I suppose I’m just getting fed up with everything going round in circles. A fan base getting more and more disillusioned and a club being run by people who don’t seem to give a flying f**k about it and don’t listen. Like you say, we’re a small insignificant bunch of ‘customers’ to them who might as well be howling at the moon.

I’m now definitely in the group of finding other, more fulfilling things to do than follow the circus anymore

I remember the Cambridge manager was a favourite amongst some of us.... Is he still up there?

Roy Keane he would put fire in the players bellies, rather than have them roll over getting tickled.

Back
Top Bottom