Tickets Pompey Away - Tickets on Sale

What does block M mean if they all start with M?

Also, from what I’ve seen on tv, blocks ML & MM tend to be sold to Pompey fans, and I think I’ve also seem Pompey fans in MR & MS, but I guess this depends on the team they’re playing/how many that team are likely to sell etc.
Good question. Honest answer - don't know for sure but from the Portsmouth ticket office graphics it looks very much as though away supporters are on the left side looking at the stand. They are selling tickets for the far right hand side for some matches (Portsmouth v OUFC is sold out completely) Another telling factor is that, for our seats at least, we are directed to turnstiles 19 - 22 which are on that left side again. The away turnstiles were always located on that side, entrance via Milton Lane.
We have been allocated 1400 tickets which would have to be blocks ML, MM and, presumably some of MP - if the numbers are right. Not easy to figure it out. Doesn't help that our seated tickets have Block M on them. If someone gets a ticket with N or P as a block then that will clear it up. M=Milton End as a prefix with L, M, N, & P as the block.

It should be as simple as going to the cinema or theatre - look at the seating plan, pick a seat and pay. Job done.

Just watched the Pompey v Reading highlights (Sky) and the Reading fans are definitely on the left side looking at the stand. Their allocation extends to behind the goal.

Last edited:
I’ll hold off on that till we see if we sell out.
Considering they have only given us 12 days to sell 1400 tickets and you can’t buy online then I’d say it wouldn’t be a great surprise if we don’t sell out.

Having said that, win tomorrow and then another win on Saturday and it will be close to a sold out away end.

I had an interesting chat with Gemma, in the ticket office, when booking mine.

She said it had been manic today since the Portsmouth tickets went on sale and that no-one had been able to take a lunch break, and since the online system went down it's been really busy. The new ticket system is due to be (hopefully) up and running by the end of this week. Apparently the old system shut down on the given day and, in her words, there was no going back. It still makes no sense to me that we have this situation, as even if the shut down of the old system was not of our doing, if we knew the date then we should have made bloody sure that we had a new system in place, and ready to go, to replace it.

It's not just us fans who are disadvantaged by this cock up, but the ticket office staff, who I think have been let down by their management.

I booked the safe standing and we are having to sell it block by block, from the left (as you look from the pitch, and they'll only give us the extra block when we've sold all of what we have, ie no more safe standing until we've sold all safe standing AND seats.

Anyone know how many we’ve sold of the 1,400 allocation? Obviously we’re not close to selling out otherwise Portsmouth would’ve given us the extra 600 they’re holding back.

Also seems strange we’re waiting till Tuesday 11am to put them on general sale with the game only 8 days away from now.

Yeap.

Of course there has to be the right priority order (and a suitable window for each) - but with tickets available 12 days prior to the game, just 4 for General Sale seems particularly tight (especially if Portsmouth are prepared to give us another 600).

I would wager that 95% of ST holders intending to go to Pompey would have purchased tickets within a couple of days of release (especially with a home game on day two of that).

You could then go ST+members from Wednesday and Gen Sale from now - and certainly no later than from tomorrow.

Imagine we win handsomely tomorrow and a group of lads, freshly pumped, decide to pop round to the ticket office straight after the final whistle to get Portsmouth tickets - "come back Tuesday, lads". Won't happen. They don't bother going.

We should be maximising away followings as well as home - and there just isn't enough attention to detail on this sort of thing. Again.

Yeap.

Of course there has to be the right priority order (and a suitable window for each) - but with tickets available 12 days prior to the game, just 4 for General Sale seems particularly tight (especially if Portsmouth are prepared to give us another 600).

I would wager that 95% of ST holders intending to go to Pompey would have purchased tickets within a couple of days of release (especially with a home game on day two of that).

You could then go ST+members from Wednesday and Gen Sale from now - and certainly no later than from tomorrow.

Imagine we win handsomely tomorrow and a group of lads, freshly pumped, decide to pop round to the ticket office straight after the final whistle to get Portsmouth tickets - "come back Tuesday, lads". Won't happen. They don't bother going.

We should be maximising away followings as well as home - and there just isn't enough attention to detail on this sort of thing. Again.
I guess they wanted the new on-line ticketing system available for ST holders, so as this is now available it gives them a few days to purchase their tickets, hence Tuesday for general sale!

I got mine online last night and didn’t realise there was a difference between standing and seated. I got ML - hopefully that’s standing?

I got mine online last night and didn’t realise there was a difference between standing and seated. I got ML - hopefully that’s standing?
It will say quite clearly on the ticket. Seated areas are highlighted with strictly seated no standing in bold letters. Did you buy on line? If so, then you had the option to choose - seated or standing.

Considering they have only given us 12 days to sell 1400 tickets and you can’t buy online then I’d say it wouldn’t be a great surprise if we don’t sell out.

Having said that, win tomorrow and then another win on Saturday and it will be close to a sold out away end.
😂😂😂😂😂

I’m glad you find it funny that we have 1 point out of 6 and long serving staff are leaving due to the senior staff. Some of us don’t find it that funny though.
Well after watching the shite that’s been dished up in the last 10 games I find it very funny that you come out with a comment ( win the next 2 games). Take a look at the bloody shambles we’re in, we’re be lucky to win 2 in the 10

Well after watching the shite that’s been dished up in the last 10 games I find it very funny that you come out with a comment ( win the next 2 games). Take a look at the bloody shambles we’re in, we’re be lucky to win 2 in the 10
I posted about winning the next 2 games after we had just had a week where we beat Wigan and got a point away at Wycombe. It was 2 games where I think most fans would expect us to win.

I do still expect to win more games than we lose between now and the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom