Dot Counting Reading - Heading for a Sellout

Attendance tracking
Having moved to Sweden just before Christmas, I won't be in attendance tomorrow. However, I will be playing my first game since moving here in the morning, having stumbled across a British Expats team to join. I will, of course, proudly don the yellow and blue shirt (Oxford, not Sweden!) in anticipation on the big game in the afternoon.

COYY!
@ECYellow have words please

It’s worth noting that while we are close to a sell out, for the game at Reading only 11629 of their fans turned up for the game when their ground holds 24000.
I would also say a Tuesday night game can be as difficult for fans to attend as a 12.30pm KO on a Saturday.

Just thought I’d get that in before we have the digestives come on here trying to call us tin pot 😅

Look if you can’t be bothered to attend, are you even a real fan?

We’re all making sacrifices. I’ll need to be out of bed by 9.30 tomorrow morning.

Nine THIRTY.
Yes I’m not keen on this new ‘breakfast football’.

A friend of mine who has only been once before has tried all evening to buy 3 tickets. They got as far as 'reassign' but didn't understand process. What time do they stop selling today so I can get for them? (Wonder how many others are put off by this).

Early kick off is actually great for me, although it did curtail plans to get the train in and make my way to the Blackbird

I m finishing work at 6am in the morning (bloody nightshift) but I will be there who needs sleep so please make as much noise as you can to keep me awake.
Well if you’re sat next to me in SSU, don’t even think about asking to share my blanket. It’s my blanket.

Look if you can’t be bothered to attend, are you even a real fan?

We’re all making sacrifices. I’ll need to be out of bed by 9.30 tomorrow morning.

Nine THIRTY.
I've had to get up at 8.30 Swedish time, so 7.30 your time, to go spread the good word over in these Nordic regions.

SEVEN thirty.

Would you like me to snap up one of those single tickets in the North Stand? Can't promise I'll get there on time!

Daughter turned 18 last week and one of her Birthday list requests is a pre-match beer in the Bird. Might just make it there today. Probably the first time in 20 years.

Good that we're still selling tickets. Just bought 4 more for a friend. They've only been once before. Ticket process for newbies not easy to understand needs sorting.

I agree. There are a lot of clicks and sign ins needed to buy a ticket.

To the technologically minded, it’s possible but anyone not so good with computers or smart phones, it must be a frustrating experience.

I agree. There are a lot of clicks and sign ins needed to buy a ticket.

To the technologically minded, it’s possible but anyone not so good with computers or smart phones, it must be a frustrating experience.
And generally poor business, because the club should be making it as easy as possible to give them our money.

Back
Top Bottom