Manager/Coach Robbo on the way ?

Blackpool owner already said there won't be alot to spend this summer due to investment on a training ground. Don't think Robbo would move up there anyways, his wife has a shop in Buckingham and his kids are settled in school. If he was going to go he would of went to QPR.

I think KR is in the weirdest position this coming season. Most managers are looking for quality. That bit of stardust who can change a game and sneak 3 points.

OUFC are not looking for that. We have Browne, Brannigan, Taylor, Henry, Kane (if we retain him), Bodin (hopefully), Baldock who I would say are real quality. Game changers. Most bizarrely, with 2 or 3 sturdy hardened pros added in key positions, these players mentioned are gonna look mint! Im just worried we are blinkered in to believing that adding young players who have high technical ability together with a high ceiling for potential is going to be enough. It isn't. The best 11 technical players do not win leagues. The best balance, knowhow, and experience win leagues, with a sprinkle of stardust to compliment. Desire, strength, aggression and resilience can never be dominated by technical capability alone. The strange thing too is that the players we are looking for are not budget eating superstars. They are clobbers - good honest professionals.

Im absolutely willing KR to think like this, almost begging the man to see this footballing truth, but I do fear we will see it all over again. I fear the man is going mad - doing the same thing but expecting different results.
Prepare for Groundhog Day, again.

Blackpool owner already said there won't be alot to spend this summer due to investment on a training ground. Don't think Robbo would move up there anyways, his wife has a shop in Buckingham and his kids are settled in school. If he was going to go he would of went to QPR.
It would be interesting to know how close the QPR thing actually was. Whether it got as far as an interview?

Would the pull of Blackpool interest KR?

Possibly a club on the up (off the pitch) after all the issues they had. Survived Season 1 in The Championship. Would be on a higher wage than OUFC, but with prices up north, he would be able to live an even more lavish life!
Critchley moved to a job that KR wouldn't have taken himself, so I don't see why he'd go for the job that the previous incumbent thought was worse than a PL assistant gig.

They didn’t contact the club about him and he certainly never had any meeting or interview with them
So there was nothing in it!
Interesting. You do wonder where these stories and rumours come from!

Well I made a couple of quid with a bet on Michael Beale - once Robbo becoming favourite pushed his odds back out a bit...

Blackpool given permission to speak to Cheltenham boss Michael Duff

51%2BnKutJ-EL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

They didn’t contact the club about him and he certainly never had any meeting or interview with them
So there was nothing in it!

Interesting point.
Someone I'm relatively close who has frequent interaction at QPR was adamant they had spoken with KR - perhaps this was a "would you be interested" type phonecall rather than any formal interview and maybe to his agent rather than KR himself.

Either way, he's still with us and all the vacant jobs are being filled so doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere before the start of the season.

Hopefully this thread will die of thirst very shortly now that we all understand that KR is staying.

Back
Top Bottom