National News Sir Keir Starmer

Labour have now committed to keeping triple lock for five years. I wonder if they will commit to raising the tax threshold of Β£12500 as its currently frozen till 2028

Labour have now committed to keeping triple lock for five years. I wonder if they will commit to raising the tax threshold of Β£12500 as its currently frozen till 2028
If Britain is copying Oz (which seems to be the playbook at the moment), then Labour will promise to maintain whatever bonkers neoliberal tax traps are brought in by the tories - to avoid controversy amongst swing voters - but will then start tossing things out when the actual time comes - on the basis that it’s better to be right and accused of flip flopping than to stick to commitments that are harmful for the electorate.

Is he wrong?

Matter of opinion.

From a Western/humanitarian view - No he`s not.
From an Israeli view - Yes he is.
From a Hamas view - No he`s not. They need to regroup and carry on.

Likewise he wouldn`t have been wrong after 1 month, 2 months or more.............. amazing how he comes out with this after a lot of voters decide to vote elsewhere.

Like many (all?) politicians its all about the wind direction.

Matter of opinion.

From a Western/humanitarian view - No he`s not.
From an Israeli view - Yes he is.
From a Hamas view - No he`s not. They need to regroup and carry on.

Likewise he wouldn`t have been wrong after 1 month, 2 months or more.............. amazing how he comes out with this after a lot of voters decide to vote elsewhere.

Like many (all?) politicians its all about the wind direction.
Largely agreed, this government has made so many u-turns, sometimes they don't know whether they are coming or going but sometimes you can also admit you were wrong. I'm sure I saw Pat McFadden interviewed after the elections last week and acknowledge the need for a rethink.

Actually, I've been looking out for you or Potters Right Boot to point how everything went to plan for the Tories last week. My favourite moment was Sunak loitering around in Catterick in the hope that Houchen was re-elected and then rushing up to congratulate a man who distanced himself from central government and actually had Johnson endorse him a few days before the election.

Back
Top Bottom