Match Buildup Solihull

I doubt it'll be so subtle this time around. "Gavin Whyte not in the squad as in negotiations with another club".

U23s lost at Kettering last night ... more than half the U23 team last night (which included McMahon and Long) will feature this afternoon at Solihull, U18s play Coventry today, short of fielding OUWFC players (who seem able to sign players unlike the first team L1 squad) who else is there ? this pre season has to go down as one of the worst pre season campaigns ever for OUFC, ecliping even the previous pre season

Im almost always full of optimism for the forthcoming campaign at this point in pre season.... after another absolutely rubbish transfer window so far (Gorrin & Berkoe look to have potential- both off to Cardiff in Jan , for peanuts then?)...not this time, I'm worried , really worried - worried about the short, medium and long term future of OUFC

compounded by Whyte (seemingly) heading to Cardiff (to bench warm) at a knock down fee, way, way way below his real value, - Nelson goes to Cardiff on a free, coupla weeks later Warnock comes sniffing round Whyte, a coincidence??... KR values Whyte at £4m , I think thats grossly undervaluing him .... Whyte has had a mysterious thigh strain, apparently, for several weeks? ...or has he not been risked in PSF matches as he has actually been on his way from OUFC for the entire close season?

Ive a seriously bad feeling about not only this season , but also for the long term future of OUFC

all those WUPs last season, our best players leaving , no adequate replacements incoming, loyal and long suffering supporters being constantly given the mushroom treatment from the board, time and time again, absentee owner and board members, no money available to spend unless our bow thaied owner begs a few £ off his sister?, no players seem to want to come and play for OUFC prefering to bench warm elsewhere instead of regular game time for OUFC, we're stuck in a souless three-sided carbuncle with a spiteful slum landlord fleecing the club, ..... even the positive bus has multi punctured tyres, a shot exhaust and a blown engine.... Im seriously worried about not only the forthcoming season , (a likely relegation awaits in 9 months time), but also the future for OUFC

today we visit Solihull... owned by the very person,( ol' slippery), who is the architect of much of the dire situation OUFC are stuck in.... kinda ironic that

Last edited:
As this is the MDT a few predictions:-

An embarrassing 4-1 final PSF defeat, with three possibly four key OUFC players end up injured and out of contention for Sunderland next Saturday, after being on the receiving end of particularly heavy, mistimed, agricultural tackles.

the price of hot-dogs inside Solihull Moors ground quadruples for todays match only

OUFC announce there will be something to announce in 48 hours

We win 12-0 with all 12 goals coming from the 6 new, transfer fee paid signings we have made in the time it has taken me to write this post.

I was going but am not now. I like to see new players in pre-season to get a feel for how they're fitting in. Seeing as we only have 2.5 and already seen them play numerous times (except the 0.5 obv's).

Due to the off the field matters at the moment, already slightly fed-up with this season and it hasn't even started yet!.

Yes, I was going to go, and then drop off to see my brother in Brum. As it happens, he's ended up coming to see me this weekend so I've got an excuse not to attend! It's the first season for ages that I have managed to resist going to any PSFs, but it seems pointless to go and watch half a side bulked out with a few U23 players (who, it seems, are doing remarkably well and could soon be first team players!). I'll listen, because I can't resist that, but it's some years since I've felt so unenthusiastic about an upcoming season.

Yes, I was going to go, and then drop off to see by brother in Brum. As it happens, he's ended up coming to see me this weekend so I've got an excuse not to attend! It's the first season for ages that I have managed to resist going to any PSFs, but it seems pointless to go and watch half a side bulked out with a few U23 players (who, it seems, are doing remarkably well and could soon be first team players!). I'll listen, because I can't resist that, but it's some years since I've felt so unenthusiastic about an upcoming season.

youre not alone in that @ZeroTheHero

Is this on Radio Oxford?

Not fussed about the match, just interested in what KR has to say

Benalmadena seems like a long long time ago.?

For those hardy souls going today, Be sure to give ol’ Slippery a wave and thank him for selling the club to proper custodians!

Benalmadena seems like a long long time ago.?

For those hardy souls going today, Be sure to give ol’ Slippery a wave and thank him for selling the club to proper custodians!

Was in Benalmádena last week. Some of bars still remember us.

That'll be the line up for Sunderland next weekend then...
It doesn't fill me with masses of confidence at any rate.

Back
Top Bottom