Stewart Donald anyone.....

I rather wish we were owned by someone local who was a fan, rather than billionaires from another continent who are experts at land deals. Does that make me a naive loser?
The problem is what local billionaires are there local who would give one iota about Oxford Utd

Stewart admitted that the finances didn't add up for buying the Kassam, and that a new buid was very much dependent on grants, naming rights and deals with the council. Finding land was never really the issue, it simply came down to how much money any one was prepared to throw at the project. SD didn't have the funds to make this work, and some of the plans lead by Charlie were sadly just fantasy. Tiger and co. have significantly greater funds and a board made up of people who make these things happen. I would suggest that if you spoke to those really in the know, your question of how far have the board progressed would receive a very favourable answer.

Who would be these people really in the know be?

I rather wish we were owned by someone local who was a fan, rather than billionaires from another continent who are experts at land deals. Does that make me a naive loser?

Not at all. I would hope that we are sustainable as a football club and able to compete on the pitch. If the local fan can offer that then great, but unfortunately I'm not so sure that is the case anymore.

Not at all. I would hope that we are sustainable as a football club and able to compete on the pitch. If the local fan can offer that then great, but unfortunately I'm not so sure that is the case anymore.
Well it would be a consortium of some kind, we have lawyers and venture capitalists in our country too. I just think an element of genuine ongoing interest in the football side is crucial.

Maybe those who told you about the previous property plans.

No one has proved anything though, only that the board have the funds .. which if you Google them isn't hard to find out. Plus wasn't it you that mentioned the site next to Oxford Hockey club that is now being planned for housing? 😁

I await for someone to come and prove to me that the board are further than any previous owners have been.

No one has proved anything though, only that the board have the funds .. which if you Google them isn't hard to find out. Plus wasn't it you that mentioned the site next to Oxford Hockey club that is now being planned for housing? 😁

I await for someone to come and prove to me that the board are further than any previous owners have been.
With all due respect nobody has to prove anything to you.
Let's wait and see. I think that from people writing on here who I believe that things are progressing, but until semis announced I doubt if you will have your proof.

With all due respect nobody has to prove anything to you.
Let's wait and see. I think that from people writing on here who I believe that things are progressing, but until semis announced I doubt if you will have your proof.
You're right, no one has to prove to me or anyone else for that matter. But until they come to fruition they are just rumours.

We will see what happens, but let's hope its a positive outcome.

The fact that I've just had to google Oxford Hockey club probably shows that rumour wasn't anything to do with me!!!

And I would absolutely love to prove to you what I know. I get absolutely battered by those who question what I do or do not know, so for purely selfish reasons I'd love it (Kevin Keegan style!) if I could explain exactly what I've heard and from whom. But I won't do anything that could undermine the fantastic work being done behind the scenes. Of course that lack of evidence also leads to many claiming this is all hot air - and that's fine. People are free to believe what ever they wish, but I'm confident that this club is in very safe hands right now.

On the subject of this thread, I wish Stewart well and hope he has come through the Sunderland experience unscathed. But I honestly wouldn't change a thing about our club ownership and hope SD is in the stands to share in our future success.

*Charlie on the other hand remains a tool of the highest order in my view and I genuinely wouldn't give a toss if he never darkened our doors again!

Lads, seriously avoid him.

he sold every prospect from the academy we had, got fans to change the seats saying he was ‘re engaging fans’ when in reality was doing it on the cheap, gave Maja away, you must have seen his pursuit of Grigg on STID, failed to sack a failing manager until into the next season, used the clubs money to buy the club, got his mate to openly lie on STID about Boxing Day attendance in fact Methane is heard to say ‘I don’t care what the f*****g number is just f*****g make it up’.

He genuinely doesn’t have a pot to P**s in, don’t fall for it.

he sold every prospect from the academy we had, got fans to change the seats saying he was ‘re engaging fans’ when in reality was doing it on the cheap, gave Maja away, you must have seen his pursuit of Grigg on STID, failed to sack a failing manager until into the next season, used the clubs money to buy the club, got his mate to openly lie on STID about Boxing Day attendance in fact Methane is heard to say ‘I don’t care what the f*****g number is just f*****g make it up’.

What's your thoughts on Charlie? I can probably guess but it'll be good to hear others talking warmly about Captain Chino!!!

🤣 There's me thinking we were the ones warning you in April 2018!

The fact that I've just had to google Oxford Hockey club probably shows that rumour wasn't anything to do with me!!!

Maybe ive got you mixed up with one of the other in the knows then. It's all on the potential new ground thread but I can't be arsed to read through the 102 pages of rumours to find out who it was that mentioned that land.

Back
Top Bottom