Summer 2020 Cricket Thread

Could any of these T20 players do a job in the test team? Bairstow seems out of touch even in T20. I’d like to see Roy given a chance again but not as an opener, maybe down the order. Malan I know has failed before. Banton could be interesting maybe? People will say it doesn’t translate but Buttler, Bairstow, Morgan, Root, Stokes, Mooen Ali, Rashid, Archer and Wood have all played T20 and test cricket with varying degrees of success

Roy was such a bad call last year. Blind optimism to think he would work as a Test opener. Would he do better lower down the order? Probably, but is he better than those already in the side - not for me, Aggers.

Buttler not in the t20 team for today's (this eves) match V Aussies ... though expected to back for Thursdays first ODI

Buttler not in the t20 team for today's (this eves) match V Aussies ... though expected to back for Thursdays first ODI

Aye, spending some time with his family which is fair enough considering he has helped us win the T20 series already.

Aye, spending some time with his family which is fair enough considering he has helped us win the T20 series already.
He basically won the T20 series for England, and with a game to spare too

England bat first in final T20 of the series

Banton & Bairstow the opening pair

Malan gone for 21 ..... its now 56-2 after 9 overs
C'mon England , lets whitewash the convicts

Bairstow now gone , for 55

currently 110-4 5 overs to go

Dodgy catch there... looked to me as if his boot just brushed the boundary rope... cheating Aussies as per

146-6 , didnt quite pass the 150 mark

Bowlers need to strike early like in the last T20 , C'mon England

cmon England, Oz 70-1 after 7 overs ... need a few wickets, and fast

105-5 ...6 overs to go... could be close this one

need some quick wickets now as its less than 1 per ball the convicts need

England's fielding in this T20 has been a bit crap

Back
Top Bottom