General The Board & Senior Management

600 match days in till the next forum, that's about 30 years away, seems about right to the board
No correction that’s 600 March days to announce when the forum will be ….

Last edited:
Not when Uncle Firoz can help us out
Yeah exactly. In fact, why don't we call the whole thing off and just stay where we are? I've not personally seen proof that we need to move, therefore we don't.

How often do the chairmen/women of EFL clubs meet, face to face in a season?

Or do they allow hybrid now?

As mentioned by someone to me, in a private conversation on here and who's opinion i respect and enjoy discussing all things OUFC with; isn't it strange how you don't see Williams for weeks, there is no update from him, apart from a Chris Williams constructed piece of waffle. Yet, when Bakrie is in the country, Williams is all to happy to be on the pitch posing for photographs and to be pictured behind the scenes with Buckingham and the aforementioned Bakrie?

The cynical amongst us might just think our Timmy was playing up to his boss during his visit "Nothing to see here Mr Bakrie, the good ship OUFC is in safe hands and those folk that you can see sat in the bird s**t infested seats are my activations".

The bloke is a fraud and is falling considerably short in his role at OUFC.

For Grant, see the same as Tim.

Buckingham, like Robinson (and Manning to an extent) has been left to just crack on with it. Grant and Tim will be quite happy for Buckingham to continue taking the shots and scrutiny from those that are prepared to stick their head(s) above the parapet. Anything to deflect away from their own incompetence of running our football club.

Any update on the fans forum date, that was to tie in with Grant gracing us with his presence? No, didn't think so.

Last edited:
Lifted from the programme notes for yesterdays game v Portsmouth. Grant Ferguson not surprised by how well Mous is doing in management. What a shame then that he didn't think that back when Mous could have taken the reins post sacking KR. Could have cleared the decks much sooner and saved a lot of anguish in the latter part of last season. That it took another club to show courage and appoint him and, stick with him is surely testament to the lack of nous on the part of our board and senior management.

You don't run a good football club on hindsight. Of course, had they made that decision sooner, there would have so much more time for golf. Win, win scenario?

"Thanks for coming along tonight as we take on the league leaders, and we extend a very warm welcome to John Mousinho and his team. John made a huge impact on the club during his time at Oxford United and it is no surprise to see him doing well in management. His team have been the best in the league so far and I am sure they will be keen to get a win tonight with teams breathing down their neck in a very tight pack at the top of the table."

Lifted from the programme notes for yesterdays game v Portsmouth. Grant Ferguson not surprised by how well Mous is doing in management. What a shame then that he didn't think that back when Mous could have taken the reins post sacking KR. Could have cleared the decks much sooner and saved a lot of anguish in the latter part of last season. That it took another club to show courage and appoint him and, stick with him is surely testament to the lack of nous on the part of our board and senior management.

You don't run a good football club on hindsight. Of course, had they made that decision sooner, there would have so much more time for golf. Win, win scenario?

"Thanks for coming along tonight as we take on the league leaders, and we extend a very warm welcome to John Mousinho and his team. John made a huge impact on the club during his time at Oxford United and it is no surprise to see him doing well in management. His team have been the best in the league so far and I am sure they will be keen to get a win tonight with teams breathing down their neck in a very tight pack at the top of the table."
That being said who's to know whether JM would have taken the gig with all that he knew needed fixing!!

I would be surprised if Ferguson had even ever met Mousiniho let alone understood he would be an ideal interim or permanent manager for OUFC when Robinson needed kicking out the door before he could inflict anymore damage to our football club.

It was poor leadership at the time, and still he and Williams hide from a long overdue, promised fans forum.

I would be surprised if Ferguson had even ever met Mousiniho let alone understood he would be an ideal interim or permanent manager for OUFC when Robinson needed kicking out the door before he could inflict anymore damage to our football club.

It was poor leadership at the time, and still he and Williams hide from a long overdue, promised fans forum.
At the Shareholders AGM in the summer (last year) the chuckle brothers, GF & TW promised to improve communication to the fanbase - that's gone well hasn't it ?

Back
Top Bottom