General The Board & Senior Management

You do have to wonder what people like Bakrie make of the performance of Tim and Grant. I mean these are huge hitting international businessmen still clearly putting in a fortune. And paying a fortune in salaries for people with good CVs.

I'd be fascinated to know their KPIs and OKRs.
You could say they’ve raised attendances, got us up the league, and advanced the case for a new ground. What substantive thing have they failed on (annoying long-standing fans doesn’t count)?

I can concur that the events described happened. We were lined up for the tour of the training facilities, meet the players, see the managers office (and team selection for the following day) as the usual soft sell and impress the yokels. (@RyanioBirdio warned me at the time about the treatment) Unfortunately for Uncle Timmy, more than a few of us had a few hard hitting questions that we wanted answering and that, along with me losing it somewhat with that clown KR, probably sealed the deal for Uncle Timmy. He would never make that mistake again!

Now, we are customers. He does not need to interact with us. Match day activations are for us oiks. A scarf and a key fob should satisfy. Just wait, next season it will be a string of beads and a flag to wave (if we are lucky)
That meeting was a scandal
TW set things up for KR to confront people who'd been critical of his behaviour
Luckily you and a few others wouldn't be intimidated by Robinson
The news today that Jonathon Morgan has been sacked by Sheffield United for things that sound not too far off what Robinson had been doing here is pertinent
Williams knew what Robinson was up to but the nasty b****r was only sacked when the players finally decided they'd had enough & threw him under the bus

The news today that Jonathon Morgan has been sacked by Sheffield United for things that sound not too far off what Robinson had been doing here is pertinent
Williams knew what Robinson was up to but the nasty b****r was only sacked when the players finally decided they'd had enough & threw him under the bus
You should have heard @Manorlounger when Robinson tried to joke how he and his bench would wonder and take bets on when the first Robbo out chant was sung…..suffice to say @Manorlounger don’t hold back so much so that Robinson carried this over to the pub that evening. On a side note agree the meeting we all were talking to TW, NMcW and Kr and I asked him about the next season and a clear out and he said that would be the case but we started 48hrs later in getting rid of Robinson.

Timmy's programme notes from today from the OWS - I've emphasised a very interesting paragraph in bold, underlined text. Merely words or a changing of attitude I wonder??

-------------

Oxford United's CEO Tim Williams wrote the following notes for the programme for the Sky Bet League One game against Reading:

A warm welcome to all our supporters, to the Reading team and to their fans who have made the short journey to be with us for today’s match.

I am writing these notes ahead of the close of the January transfer window, but already the club has acted strongly and decisively to strengthen the men’s first team squad in key areas. The last two windows also show the commitment that the Board and the owners have made, and continue to make, to the long-term success of this club with key investment both for now and the future. We have an excellent in-house team focussed on recruitment, but none of what we’re doing is possible without the unwavering support of our owners. We speak a lot of their backing for the new stadium project but the commitment they have shown for the growth of the club must never be taken for granted.

Turning to today’s game, a rare early kick-off for us. While for some it may be a change to have a Saturday afternoon free to do other things, I cannot ignore the reason why we have to have the early kick off. At its best football is a passionate game, with fantastic last-minute moments – James Henry’s goal in the 90th minute on Tuesday night is testament to that. My belief, along with many, is that football is the greatest game in the world. However, football can bring out the worst, as we saw only too well in the West Midlands last weekend. We want to make the experience at our stadium the best it can possibly be, and my team and I will do everything we can to make that happen. Please help Jim Goddard and his brilliant team do just that.

Our fans are what makes this football club. Your continued support is never underestimated and your passion, commitment, and enthusiasm for what we are doing is never ignored. Our aim is to lead the way in fan and supporter engagement and communication, and make sure we not only do what the best clubs in the country are doing, but also set the benchmark. After extensive research, dialogue with the Football Supporters Association and very constructive and supportive meetings with both OUSP and OxVox, I am delighted to let you know that we will shortly be launching our new fan engagement strategy. I want this plan to give a voice to the widest cross section possible of our supporters - those who have been with the club through thick and thin over the years and those who are new to the club. And while there may be many who will ask ‘what difference does it make?’, I can assure you that you will be heard.

Protecting the future of your club and the future of English football has never been so important.

Thank you.

Tim

Timmy's programme notes from today from the OWS - I've emphasised a very interesting paragraph in bold, underlined text. Merely words or a changing of attitude I wonder??

-------------

Oxford United's CEO Tim Williams wrote the following notes for the programme for the Sky Bet League One game against Reading:

A warm welcome to all our supporters, to the Reading team and to their fans who have made the short journey to be with us for today’s match.

I am writing these notes ahead of the close of the January transfer window, but already the club has acted strongly and decisively to strengthen the men’s first team squad in key areas. The last two windows also show the commitment that the Board and the owners have made, and continue to make, to the long-term success of this club with key investment both for now and the future. We have an excellent in-house team focussed on recruitment, but none of what we’re doing is possible without the unwavering support of our owners. We speak a lot of their backing for the new stadium project but the commitment they have shown for the growth of the club must never be taken for granted.

Turning to today’s game, a rare early kick-off for us. While for some it may be a change to have a Saturday afternoon free to do other things, I cannot ignore the reason why we have to have the early kick off. At its best football is a passionate game, with fantastic last-minute moments – James Henry’s goal in the 90th minute on Tuesday night is testament to that. My belief, along with many, is that football is the greatest game in the world. However, football can bring out the worst, as we saw only too well in the West Midlands last weekend. We want to make the experience at our stadium the best it can possibly be, and my team and I will do everything we can to make that happen. Please help Jim Goddard and his brilliant team do just that.

Our fans are what makes this football club. Your continued support is never underestimated and your passion, commitment, and enthusiasm for what we are doing is never ignored. Our aim is to lead the way in fan and supporter engagement and communication, and make sure we not only do what the best clubs in the country are doing, but also set the benchmark. After extensive research, dialogue with the Football Supporters Association and very constructive and supportive meetings with both OUSP and OxVox, I am delighted to let you know that we will shortly be launching our new fan engagement strategy. I want this plan to give a voice to the widest cross section possible of our supporters - those who have been with the club through thick and thin over the years and those who are new to the club. And while there may be many who will ask ‘what difference does it make?’, I can assure you that you will be heard.

Protecting the future of your club and the future of English football has never been so important.

Thank you.

Tim
So an emailed questionnaire to fill out then…

-------------

Thank you.

Tim
And all that before either OxVox or OUSP or, for that matter, anyone else has agreed anything.

And all that before either OxVox or OUSP or, for that matter, anyone else has agreed anything.
Exactly this.

Tim isn’t stupid and he will try and say all the right things while they try and quietly push OxVox and OUSP to the side and hope no one notices.

I don’t like the man and I don’t trust him either.

Tim and Adam Benson need to get out of our club!

What happened with Karl was absolutely nothing like what Morgan was doing to a child directly in his care and to compare the two belittles the seriousness of what happen at Leicester City and the lack of safeguarding they had in place for their players.

What happened with Karl was absolutely nothing like what Morgan was doing to a child directly in his care and to compare the two belittles the seriousness of what happen at Leicester City and the lack of safeguarding they had in place for their players.
Not at all
Morgan is now being dealt with, albeit belatedly
If the allegations are true (as seems very likely) further action is likely to follow

I agree and it's not helpful to link the two situations.

George Elek and Jerome Sale both making some good points around fan communication on the latest episode of The Dub. From around 22:30, but the rest of the pod is good to listen to:

It is saying something when, albeit, our local BBC Radio station, led by the lead sports reporter criticise the communication coming out of the club. George Elek, a well respected pundit, also made some very serious comments backed by those present.
This pod cast will air this evening on the sports programme which may well gender more listeners. Well worth a listen for the other news including the information that OUFC have struck a "gentleman's agreement" not to field Owen Dale against his old club, Blackpool! How crazy is that? He's not a loan, he is an OUFC player.

Glad to see Jerome and co increasingly sticking the boot in on the club's senior leadership team and their P**s-poor lack of communication in today's Dub. More power to their elbow,

As said previously, the club's official broadcast partner and lifelong fans like George Elek are critical friends - if the club aren't listening to them, there's zero hope of them listening to us lowly customers.

Some quotes from George below which are absolutely spot on.

• "The idea of the Five Minutes' Fans Forum... not being worth the effort just seemed pretty crazy."

• "The notion that in the past the club has "over-communicated" - that's part of the identity of this football club. This is a fanbase which wants to be communicated with, who want to understand what's going on. I personally don't think it's the position of people with no affinity to the club to come in an change the way it communicates with its fans."

• "I really think there needs to be a change of mindset where the "customers" - or the fans - should be kept abreast with what is going on more often."

• "If the current people at the club don't want to be the people communicating with them, then create a structure and environment where someone IS able to do that and there is a point of contact that fans can get in touch with."

• "When you read the programme notes that seem to really push the idea of being the best in the industry at fan engagement, it kind of takes the mickey for us fans who feel there isn't any engagement right now."

And Jerome nailed it on the head too:

• "If you don't give out information, you don't answer questions, people will assume you've got something to hide, they'll assume it's a negative... that is a danger for the club going forward."

• "Anything you do to damage the brand of the club, the identity of the club, the feeling of the supporters - who are the foot soldiers in the battle to get this stadium - damages that ultimate goal and that ultimately damages everything."

We're being taking taking for absolute mugs by a CEO and Chairman who are incapable of doing their jobs. They are absolutely inept and they are doing so in plain sight, laughing all the way to the bank.

Sticking up a news article on the club's own website and constantly talking about future fan engagement strategies isn't fan engagement.

f**k me, it's just so ridiculous it's almost laughable. Absolute cretins who are doing long-term damage to the club we all love.

It is saying something when, albeit, our local BBC Radio station, led by the lead sports reporter criticise the communication coming out of the club. George Elek, a well respected pundit, also made some very serious comments backed by those present.
This pod cast will air this evening on the sports programme which may well gender more listeners. Well worth a listen for the other news including the information that OUFC have struck a "gentleman's agreement" not to field Owen Dale against his old club, Blackpool! How crazy is that? He's not a loan, he is an OUFC player.
Exactly

That was a good edition of the dub. When we are chatting on here, it can (in the way of all social meeja) be a bit of an echo chamber. So it is nice - if worrying! - to hear that others (especially Jerome S, as RadOx are in a unique position) have many of the same concerns as we do.

That was a good edition of the dub. When we are chatting on here, it can (in the way of all social meeja) be a bit of an echo chamber. So it is nice - if worrying! - to hear that others (especially Jerome S, as RadOx are in a unique position) have many of the same concerns as we do.
It is, indeed, very encouraging to know that others, away from here, hold the same opinion of the current state of affairs. Moreover, it is now an opinion being talked about in main stream media. If nothing happens now, by way of change, then we can be assured that the current CEO and Chair are so obstinate or oblivious to anything other than their own methodology that they have shoved their heads up their own arseholes and are shouting na na na na ad infinitum.

It’s all coming to the fore now.

Some have known for a while and some have suspected.

We have a Chairman who doesn’t actually appear to do anything.

We have a CEO who is more concerned with doing fluffy self promotion pieces, photo opportunities, whilst boasting about retail sales and matchday activations, rather than the nitty gritty work of putting in a support structure for a young inexperienced manager, who they have lured from the other side of the world.

Ferguson and Williams have let down Buckingham, badly.

Back
Top Bottom