General The Board & Senior Management

And when we realise we have to pay £70 in transaction fees across the season, to buy tickets for all away games and first round cup games (so if we progress in the cups, more than £70), the season ticket package won't be looked upon as favourably. Again, there was no communication about this hidden fee.
Prices of STs have been frozen ( in times of 10% inflation), there are extra benefits with the ST which is what many were calling for.
There are reduced prices for 18 to 21's.
At the moment, the sales numbers suggest that for STs, the package has been received well.
I am not sure how transaction fees on away games will affect peoples view on ST prices (80% supporters don't go to away games)

As fans we are where the passion is. Ferguson and Williams are merely here to do a job. I’m sure they would like to make a success of it but if they don’t then in due course, and ,like Robinson, probably not soon enough, they will move on.
When Kassam rode into town it was our passion that deluded us that here was our saviour, the messiah who was going to save us and lead us into the light. We all know how that ended.
We are now faced with a new era of owners from across the sea in whom we are placing all our hopes and dreams. This time though, let’s remember that our passion isn’t theirs. For them it’s just business not philanthropy and as at Inter Milan when it doesn’t work for them any more they will be gone. Which is why it’s essential that we are cleared eyed and realistic as they come bearing their gifts of gold; frankincense and Myrrh in order that we are not again left a legacy of passion led delusion.
Here endeth the lesson.

And when we realise we have to pay £70 in transaction fees across the season, to buy tickets for all away games and first round cup games (so if we progress in the cups, more than £70), the season ticket package won't be looked upon as favourably. Again, there was no communication about this hidden fee.

It's small for a one off. Not so small if it applies permanently (again, poor communication, is it just for STs or all purchases?)

Yeah, it was a good appointment. Should have been made months earlier though. KR should have been sacked before Grant got his feet under the desk.
Must admit I had no idea about these transaction fees. Does anyone know if this is something the club are choosing to do to make some extra ££ or is it a fee they're passing onto us from whatever ticketing service they use?

Must admit I had no idea about these transaction fees. Does anyone know if this is something the club are choosing to do to make some extra ££ or is it a fee they're passing onto us from whatever ticketing service they use?
The transaction fee is, initially, imposed by Ticketmaster, I believe. The club are aware of the concerns expressed by fans and are looking into why a fee has been levied per ticket as opposed to, per transaction (as advertised) We bought our tickets via the ticket office phone line. We were not charged any fee. Whether this was as a consequence of the conversation or it did not appear on their system, I do not know.

Ticketmaster (and other ticketing sites) are infamous for these fees/charges/commission and until such time as they are properly regulated, it would appear that they can get away with whatever they like.

It is certainly not the club trying to make a "fast buck".

I did - 2.50 to buy online plus 10 for physical card. Not a big deal but it would be quite a big deal if applied to every ticket purchase for individual games.

Did it say you had to pay it beforehand or did it only get added on after? Bit cheeky if it doesn’t let you know about it. Not that it affects me, must be an important fan.

Did it say you had to pay it beforehand or did it only get added on after? Bit cheeky if it doesn’t let you know about it. Not that it affects me, must be an important fan.
As usual with these things, it appeared right at the end of the buying process.

If the club wanted to make extra ££ then they could increased the cost of season tickets in line with inflation.

You do seem to be looking for the worst in things today.

The transaction fee is, initially, imposed by Ticketmaster, I believe. The club are aware of the concerns expressed by fans and are looking into why a fee has been levied per ticket as opposed to, per transaction (as advertised) We bought our tickets via the ticket office phone line. We were not charged any fee. Whether this was as a consequence of the conversation or it did not appear on their system, I do not know.

Ticketmaster (and other ticketing sites) are infamous for these fees/charges/commission and until such time as they are properly regulated, it would appear that they can get away with whatever they like.

It is certainly not the club trying to make a "fast buck".
Ahh I see. I'd never noticed it before so wasn't sure why it was being applied.

If the club wanted to make extra ££ then they could increased the cost of season tickets in line with inflation.

You do seem to be looking for the worst in things today.
What an awful business decision that would've been. Much easier to rip people off through hidden fees!

I've since learnt it's a fee from ticketmaster though so no issue :)

Nobody’s going to stop their purchase when they see an admin fee, are they?

As far as it goes the board held on far to long to Robbo ! The biggest mistake they will ever of made and just by chance things went our way otherwise Div 2! Don't think for one moment that by employing Manning ,who got us safe , exonerate them then think again ! All of them has got to prove a lot before I trust that's for sure brings back the days Maxwell with his Havana in the London Road end and the Thames Valley Royals ,yes we would of lost our identity !!

As far as it goes the board held on far to long to Robbo ! The biggest mistake they will ever of made and just by chance things went our way otherwise Div 2! Don't think for one moment that by employing Manning ,who got us safe , exonerate them then think again ! All of them has got to prove a lot before I trust that's for sure brings back the days Maxwell with his Havana in the London Road end and the Thames Valley Royals ,yes we would of lost our identity !!
Goodness. Let it go. Tomorrow is a new day. Be happy!!

Back
Top Bottom