General The Board & Senior Management

The signs are very promising.
Manning appears at the moment to be a decent appointment ( more easily judged in the coming season)
The signings seem to be very good and early.
ST sales are promising and the marketing of the STs and kit seems a level up.

Was going to create a new thread on this but this one will do.

It’s a weird time for the club at the moment as we look to have improved dramatically in footballing matters and some things like an increase in marketing. Yet on the other hand you have comments from @Sarge & @Colin B regarding off-field issues that could really do with addressing.

Doing a good job -
On the pitch
Improved training facilities
Strong transfer window
Increase in communication**
Stadium

Needs addressing -
Ticket sales?
Patron/Associate directorship
No recent update from owners
Fans forum?
Cashless ticket office - no warning
Pigeon poo / stadium disrepair

I can add more to the lists if anyone can think of anymore. Ideally we could get at least a response to some of these

** communication could still be worked on however!

Was going to create a new thread on this but this one will do.

It’s a weird time for the club at the moment as we look to have improved dramatically in footballing matters and some things like an increase in marketing. Yet on the other hand you have comments from @Sarge & @Colin B regarding off-field issues that could really do with addressing.

Doing a good job -
On the pitch
Improved training facilities
Strong transfer window
Increase in communication**
Stadium

Needs addressing -
Ticket sales?
Patron/Associate directorship
No recent update from owners
Fans forum?
Cashless ticket office - no warning
Pigeon poo / stadium disrepair

I can add more to the lists if anyone can think of anymore. Ideally we could get at least a response to some of these

** communication could still be worked on however!
pre warning the steel 'Berlin' wall will be in place post match behind North stand ( which the club agreed to do) .... that did not happen V Charlton

pre warning the steel 'Berlin' wall will be in place post match behind North stand ( which the club agreed to do) .... that did not happen V Charlton
But there has been some incidents in the past with PV

But there has been some incidents in the past with PV
expect it to be in place V PV this Saturday @bazzer9461 .... there was no pre warning last Saturday ( which the club have previously agreed to do- pre warn supporters , in advance, that the steel wall will be up post match) V Charlton

Got to say I had a listen to the Tim Williams interview on The Dub on Monday and it was really decent. After a shaky start I’m pretty impressed with the way he’s communicating and the job he’s doing. Seems to have learned a lot - credit where it’s due.
The one big mistake he made was falling for KR’s bullshit

Got to say I had a listen to the Tim Williams interview on The Dub on Monday and it was really decent. After a shaky start I’m pretty impressed with the way he’s communicating and the job he’s doing. Seems to have learned a lot - credit where it’s due.
Absolutely and he’s really started to prove doubters wrong. I was without doubt one of those. That isn’t to say he didn’t get the first season completely wrong and should be accountable for that every bit as much as he deserves praise for the turnaround - that’s life as a CEO. But nobody could argue he hasn’t learned from that experience and the decisions to hire Manning and give an opportunity to Waldron have been completely justified to date. Presumably he had a large say in those calls and it’s been a complete transformation since he finally pulled the trigger on Robinson. I think we can all look back at that moment and what’s happened since and consider it a bridge built.

That won’t be flushed…

I think that if you've removed a turd from your garden path you shouldn't then be looking to dispose of it by flushing it down the toilet - well, certainly not your own toilet anyway. If you can somehow trick yourself into a neighbour's house then fine.

Or are you trying to flush the garden path?

I think that if you've removed a turd from your garden path you shouldn't then be looking to dispose of it by flushing it down the toilet - well, certainly not your own toilet anyway. If you can somehow trick yourself into a neighbour's house then fine.

Or are you trying to flush the garden path?
I’d personally drive to Kidlington, and throw that turd in every single garden one after the other

Not for me at the moment..last season was such a monumental dereliction of almost every duty you would expect a CEO to do, that a decent start to the season is not coming close to repairing that.

Keep this up, have an effective January, continue to move the stadium forward, and I will happily reconsider in July..

Not for me at the moment..last season was such a monumental dereliction of almost every duty you would expect a CEO to do, that a decent start to the season is not coming close to repairing that.

Keep this up, have an effective January, continue to move the stadium forward, and I will happily reconsider in July..
You're a hard taskmaster!

Back
Top Bottom