League One Tinpot Reading

If the match is awarded to Vale…which it should be, how many goals will they be given.
I have sympathy for the fans, they are very badly run at the moment. I know of three Reading fans and they are sick of the ongoing saga.

3-0 is the score normally given when a team forfeits a match.

Does anyone know what the rules are for an abandoned game
Helpfully, the IFAB/FA regulations state
"An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise"

• Haha
Reactions: m
I can't find the video, but I remember seeing a video years ago of Reading fans changing about us at Old Trafford. How embarrassing!

I can't imagine the League giving a 3-0 win to Port Vale. That is unfair on the teams that have already played Reading.

I can't imagine the League giving a 3-0 win to Port Vale. That is unfair on the teams that have already played Reading.

Bit unfair on Port Vale that they traveled down to Reading, played 16 minutes and then Reading fans got the game called off though isn’t it? It wasn’t weather, injury or illness that caused it but the deliberate actions of Reading fans.

The natives are restless on the south coast

ago)slayer Wrote: Up here in the FE the talk is there Mousinho has unravelled into another Danny Cowley
If that's the case we need another manager before the transfer window closes..

Neil Warnock is available until the end of the season I believe.

He'd give us some much needed defensive discipline & motivate the players.

If we can't score a f*****g goal against Leyton Orient then the manager needs to go. He has 3 attacking players on the bench ffs

Mousiniho is being found out big time, he either adapts or fucks off. Simple.

I guess in theory the fairest thing would be to deduct 3 points from Reading, then replay the game. That way no way Reading can gain from the situation, but Port Vale get no points they haven't earned either.

Still kudos to the Reading fans - their owners are rubbish, and they are protesting. Fair play.

The natives are restless on the south coast

If that's the case we need another manager before the transfer window closes..

Neil Warnock is available until the end of the season I believe.

He'd give us some much needed defensive discipline & motivate the players.

If we can't score a f*****g goal against Leyton Orient then the manager needs to go. He has 3 attacking players on the bench ffs

Mousiniho is being found out big time, he either adapts or fucks off. Simple.

They are more flip flop than most fanbases.

Fair play to the fans on this as potentially short term pain for long term gain. But Reading should be deducted points as this is pretty much every game being affected which isn't fair on the opposition. The abandonment of this game is just icing on the cake that the Football League need to take action.

The abandoned match was not replayed and the score at the time on the pitch invasion stood. 0-0
True but to quote from the article ‘Huddersfield were already safe and Blackpool’s fate had been sealed several weeks earlier’ so it was a dead rubber and that’s why the result stood - because it was pointless to replay it.

Is there any reason why they didn't protest in the Championship when they were routinely, and evidently, spending well beyond their means for a decade? Over 200% of their revenue on player wages for years and the fans didn't bat an eyelid despite the figures being published each year.

IIRC they actually used that as a stick to beat us with, forgive me if I don't feel an ounce of sympathy now that outrageous spending has caught up with them. Entitled FC.

Is there any reason why they didn't protest in the Championship when they were routinely, and evidently, spending well beyond their means for a decade? Over 200% of their revenue on player wages for years and the fans didn't bat an eyelid despite the figures being published each year.

IIRC they actually used that as a stick to beat us with, forgive me if I don't feel an ounce of sympathy now that outrageous spending has caught up with them. Entitled FC.

They signed players like Smith in the summer that other clubs were after so must have been offering decent money, they carried on spending money until very recently.

While this is very true it should also serve as a cautionary tale for us. We don't own our ground, get fleeced on the rent and lose out on commercial opportunities because of it, have average home attendances 9th in the league (comfortably over 10k less than Bolton and Derby and over 9k less than Pompey) and yet our wage budget is the second highest.

I'm certainly not saying we shouldn't be laughing at Reading but I am saying we need to be careful. It's not being the realms of possibility that it happens to us.

While this is very true it should also serve as a cautionary tale for us. We don't own our ground, get fleeced on the rent and lose out on commercial opportunities because of it, have average home attendances 9th in the league (comfortably over 10k less than Bolton and Derby and over 9k less than Pompey) and yet our wage budget is the second highest.

I'm certainly not saying we shouldn't be laughing at Reading but I am saying we need to be careful. It's not being the realms of possibility that it happens to us.
How are you aware that we have the second highest wage budget in the league?

Back
Top Bottom