Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lincoln can see out a half against us away from home - fear they can do the same at Cheltenham.

It's only effective because referees at this level are too weak to do anything about it. I really do hate these sorts of teams. You can be a route one/play the percentages side without cheating.
Oh yes I totally agree. It's pushing the rules and then some. The referees in this division are a joke, look at that clown last night - he thought the Sky cameras were there to see him.

If Lincoln did go up would be interesting to see how that football would wash in the championship

It's only effective because referees at this level are too weak to do anything about it. I really do hate these sorts of teams. You can be a route one/play the percentages side without cheating.
There’s an art to embracing parts of it and rising above it (keeping your cool) when it’s going against you. We do neither and come unstuck time and time again.

we've done it as well. GK going down injured vs Ipswich so ref has to stop match.

Surely Blackpool winning helps us so I don’t understand why people are cheering on Barnsley?

We’re going to have to win against Exeter and if we do, Blackpool can’t catch us. But Barnsley losing means we can still catch them…
Yup…

It means that we still need to win but we then have two chances for other teams to mess up rather than just Lincoln 🙏

There’s an art to embracing parts of it and rising above it (keeping your cool) when it’s going against you. We do neither and come unstuck time and time again.
Well yes, Ainsworths Wycombe often did us in at their place employing such tactics.

We embraced shithousery when we had the likes of Chris Maguire, but those days are gone.

Everyone hates shithousery against them but loves it when their team does it.

we've done it as well. GK going down injured vs Ipswich so ref has to stop match.
There's a difference between the occasional cheeky bit of gamesmanship though (Matty T pretending not to know which side of the pitch to go off when we won at Manning's MK Dons comes to mind) and making your whole identity as a team faking head injuries, taking 45 seconds every goal kick and fouling excessively because you know the referee is too weak to send off half your side.

Simple now we have to win at Exeter anything less it's season over .. Lincoln were always going to win against Cheltenham but that Blackpool result could be huge if Barnsley can't get a result against Northampton because if we won Barnsley also have to win .

It's up to Des and the boys now to show if they have what it takes to be considered promotion material

Simple now we have to win at Exeter anything less it's season over .. Lincoln were always going to win against Cheltenham but that Blackpool result could be huge if Barnsley can't get a result against Northampton because if we won Barnsley also have to win .

It's up to Des and the boys now to show if they have what it takes to be considered promotion material

They’ve had that opportunity for the last two home games.

Only to choke in front of a couple of bumper crowds. Why will that change at Exeter.

Let’s forget what’s come before, however hard it may be.
We need to win, and as a result better the result of either Lincoln or Barnsley. It will go to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom