Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus the pen not given for a blatant handball against Stevenage on Friday too.
Agree on that too. I’m sure if we’d been three points of Lincoln before the Stevenage game it would have been over bar the shouting.
I can’t help feeling cheated out of the play offs, despite being told that all these decisions even out over a season.
It’s to be hoped that by the players being aggrieved that they take out their frustration on Exeter and out a few goals past them.
Does anyone know if Goodwin will be available to play or does he have to wait until we’re promoted?

Followed by gob off at the ref, foul, roll around on the floor with a pretend head injury, time waste and generally act like complete twats!

It might get Lincoln into the playoffs but I wouldn't want that style of football anywhere near this club.

Yeah, who wants a bit of dark arts now and then that gets a team promoted, or in the playoffs? Especially by using said arts to beat play off opponents by the odd goal.

We have always lacked the necessary bit of steel required to hold a 1-0 when the opposition are throwing the kitchen sink in.

Nope, lets be nice and have a cuddle at the end... :rolleyes:

See this is exactly what I mean.

This keeps being repeated and in my opinion that undervalues the job Manning did here.

He’s a far better manager than Buckingham.
You also keep repeating yourself.

We get it, you don’t like Des and for whatever reason never have however, he isn’t going anywhere this summer and the signs are there that once we get a summer transfer window and full preseason, Des could actually do a very good job here.

This keeps being repeated and in my opinion that undervalues the job Manning did here.

And Manning left , taking his back office staff with him.
New man comes in and obviously wants to change style all the time injuries hit some of our best players and a keeper that won us many points departs .
Let's see next season as you can definitely see big improvements and a style to what we are seeing.
Any team with one striking option is always going to struggle to maintain the form we were in.

But we will have had decisions go for us over the previous 44 or 45 games, there’s no excuses we’ve had our chances and not taken them. There’s no guarantee we score the spot kick and it’s nonsense when people say getting ahead against Stevenage is key. Look at their results, they’ve come back loads of time after going a goal behind.

And of course we went 1-0 down at theirs and came back to win.

It's your fault you think that undervalues him.

I think Manning is possibly the best manager we've had since the 90s, but I'm uncertain as to wether he could have got this squad promoted.

I was looking at league one positions on https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/
I'm slightly cheered. In each of 20/21 and 21/22, one of the teams in the top 3 in mid November tanked to 7th or 9th place by the end of the season. Ipswich and Plymouth respectively. Ipswich and Wycombe did it in the covid season too.
So ... if we do miss the playoffs we're bound to go up next season :)

It's your fault you think that undervalues him.

I think Manning is possibly the best manager we've had since the 90s, but I'm uncertain as to wether he could have got this squad promoted.

Do you think we’d have made the play offs under him? I think we would have quite comfortably - hard to say how we’d have fared beyond that.

Rotten in terms of accepting failure correct.

Keep the same energy you had for KR for a manager who come out in and turned a functioning football side from an a side in automatics to a side now not even getting a play off place when a club like Lincoln are.

If only the football club appointed a decent replacement when a quality manager in Liam Manning moved on.

Sorry for not accepting what will be a 7/8th place finish next week from a position of 2nd with a united team & fanbase after Orient away.

It’s complete failure. We will be achieving the same as Shrewsbury this season.
Manning gets massive praise yet towards the end the results were becoming less and less consistent. Threw in some stinkers too. He left as he knew we couldn’t maintain it with the squad we had. Blaming everything on Des when he’s hardly had a backroom team for the second half of the season & had to deal with 6-7 injuries over the busiest part of the season. Upheaval of bringing in a new manager was always going to create inconsistency & we just don’t have a strong enough squad, what came off the bench Friday proved that!

Do you think we’d have made the play offs under him? I think we would have quite comfortably - hard to say how we’d have fared beyond that.

That’s always going to be an unknown, but I would have been surprised if we didn’t because it was already a more settled situation that wouldn’t have had the turmoil of a managerial departure.

I guess the real question is, would he have kept us in the playoffs if he had come in under exactly the same circumstances as Buckingham? Again, we will never know.

The only comparison I can really make is that he was appointed by Bristol City when they were 15th in order to challenge for promotion. They are now 12th and haven’t challenged, so a marginal improvement yes, but is it a success? Should Bristol City sack him? Or has he earned the right to a full season and a summer transfer window?

Manning gets massive praise yet towards the end the results were becoming less and less consistent. Threw in some stinkers too. He left as he knew we couldn’t maintain it with the squad we had. Blaming everything on Des when he’s hardly had a backroom team for the second half of the season & had to deal with 6-7 injuries over the busiest part of the season. Upheaval of bringing in a new manager was always going to create inconsistency & we just don’t have a strong enough squad, what came off the bench Friday proved that!

In some ways you can forget what’s went on before, our season came down to three home games in a week - a dream scenario really. We’ve cocked it up, that’s the long and short of it. Coming off the bench in those games we’ve had Billy Bodin, Marcus Browne, Owen Dale, Cameron Brannagan, Marcus McGuane and James Henry!!!! Sorry but that’s more than enough quality from the bench to affect games better than we did.

In some ways you can forget what’s went on before, our season came down to three home games in a week - a dream scenario really. We’ve cocked it up, that’s the long and short of it. Coming off the bench in those games we’ve had Billy Bodin, Marcus Browne, Owen Dale, Cameron Brannagan, Marcus McGuane and James Henry!!!! Sorry but that’s more than enough quality from the bench to affect games better than we did.
No it isn’t & I’ll explain why:

• Bodin can only play as a number 10, and we don’t play that formation and he’s too soft to play as a Central Midfielder alongside someone else.

• Browne is shot to pieces. He’s lost his pace and isn’t anywhere near fit. Should be one of the first out the door in the summer

• Mcguane has been awful whenever he has played and again is a soft player, no steel about him at all. Should be gone in the summer.

• Henry’s legs have gone and about the only thing he offers is from set pieces. Not good enough for the money he is on.

Dale & Brannagan are the only two who have made a difference coming off the bench.

No striker on the bench has killed us. No option whatsoever to push for a goal.

If you think they are good options to come off the bench compared to our rivals then you really are just anti Des & just you need to reevaluate our squad if you think it’s strong enough. It just isn’t.

Both games during the week, we got overran in midfield because the people playing there don’t have the awareness and the player who should play there (mcguane) has stunk the place out for the last 3 months. Des banished him from the team for a reason, he doesn’t give a s**t.

No it isn’t & I’ll explain why:

• Bodin can only play as a number 10, and we don’t play that formation and he’s too soft to play as a Central Midfielder alongside someone else.

• Browne is shot to pieces. He’s lost his pace and isn’t anywhere near fit. Should be one of the first out the door in the summer

• Mcguane has been awful whenever he has played and again is a soft player, no steel about him at all. Should be gone in the summer.

• Henry’s legs have gone and about the only thing he offers is from set pieces. Not good enough for the money he is on.

Dale & Brannagan are the only two who have made a difference coming off the bench.

No striker on the bench has killed us. No option whatsoever to push for a goal.

If you think they are good options to come off the bench compared to our rivals then you really are just anti Des & just you need to reevaluate our squad if you think it’s strong enough. It just isn’t.

Both games during the week, we got overran in midfield because the people playing there don’t have the awareness and the player who should play there (mcguane) has stunk the place out for the last 3 months. Des banished him from the team for a reason, he doesn’t give a s**t.

Bodin has scored a fair few goals for us off the bench, including a beauty against Peterborough McGuane was our best player earlier in the season. OK, Browne is fragile but off the bench you’re not asking for a 90 minute performance and, deployed correctly, he’s a good enough player to impact a game for 20-30 minutes. Des obviously felt he was fit enough to start on Friday and he knows him better than you or I. Henry’s best days are behind him but he’s that experienced head that’s useful in certain situations. We’ll agree to disagree, your argument definitely doesn’t convince me.

Hang on we are talking about a team that has only lost a couple of games since January and have scored 5 in two games (Barnsley was one of them) and 6 in one
Against better footballing teams they adapt their game and came out with credible draws against Derby, Peterborough and beat us.
Wish we could change our style against the better sides because our record is very poor generally and has been for 5/6 seasons and that has meant we have missed out on automatic promotion.

I would love us to play like Lincoln in games against the top sides

To be able to change our style, and tactics. You need a manager with tactical nous.

Even chuck Cairon Brown up top, to cause some mayhem, and panic among the oppositions defence. It might just create something.

Speaking as someone that pays £500 for a ST and travels the length and breadth of the country every week to watch my football club, I think I’m quite entitled to call you out as a knob

Rotten culture? I’ll remember that when I’m in the a**e end of nowhere in January on a wet cold Tuesday night.

How do you know we are playing Barrow next season.

Awful memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom