What will happen to the Kassam stadium?

MarkG

We've already seen the car parks have been transferred to a different Kassam company.
The Sun reports that the car parks will be transformed into a site for a driving school.

I thought most of it will be earmarked for housing as the overflow car park has been identified as developable, or is the plan an "extension" of the science park?

Does anybody read that comic still?

Its the most read paper in the country, although obviously in its heyday like all newspapers.

The ground will become flats, although if Kassam is involved shortly after becoming flats they will probably fall down, so the site will most likely end up a tragic memorial to his greed.

We've already seen the car parks have been transferred to a different Kassam company.
The Sun reports that the car parks will be transformed into a site for a driving school.

I thought most of it will be earmarked for housing as the overflow car park has been identified as developable, or is the plan an "extension" of the science park?

Bit late for April fools.

The old bingo hall is being knocked down and a new science laboratory is being built in it's place, a new access road is being built on to Grenoble road near the priory and the old minchery farm road to serve this.

The overflow carpark is owned by Oxford city council , I'm not sure if that is all the carpark after the bridge over the stream or just the part that isn't tarmac. This will likely be developed into housing.

The Kassam stadium and the rest of the ozone leisure park will likely be knocked down and either be an extension of the science park or housing.

A driving school for youngsters is not going to generate the same income for Mr Kassam.

The old bingo hall is being knocked down and a new science laboratory is being built in it's place, a new access road is being built on to Grenoble road near the priory and the old minchery farm road to serve this.

The overflow carpark is owned by Oxford city council , I'm not sure if that is all the carpark after the bridge over the stream or just the part that isn't tarmac. This will likely be developed into housing.

The Kassam stadium and the rest of the ozone leisure park will likely be knocked down and either be an extension of the science park or housing.

A driving school for youngsters is not going to generate the same income for Mr Kassam.
Would be a shame to lose the cinema but I don’t think many people would mourn the rest of it

Yes that is my take on it.
I wonder if the Science Park is eyeing up all of the Ozone land and the stadium will be flats and car parks?

Housing - no more no less. 💷💷💷💷

As long as he gets it knocked up before they build opposite which will be a walk in the park as it is a brown field site............ assuming that we are not still there that is.

[QUOTE="Essexyellows, post: 839197]assuming that we are not still there that is.
[/QUOTE]
I am prepared to bet that we won't be....

Housing - no more no less. 💷💷💷💷

As long as he gets it knocked up before they build opposite which will be a walk in the park as it is a brown field site............ assuming that we are not still there that is.

In the last couple of weeks on Grenoble road between Thames water and the mobile home park they've cut the trees down and have started digging what looks like a new access road with on and off slips. So I don't think it will be long until that South Oxford science village starts construction.

There is a link to a Firoka document that has detailed plans for the whole site somewhere on the main planning thread.

Kassam will convert it into a hotel for Ruwanda refugies.

Looks like it is an occasional driving school course rather than permanent.

missed this story yesterday
A bit like they already do in the Adams Park car park. My son did a youngsters' driving course there once.

Back
Top Bottom