Tickets Wimbledon away tickets

Would photocopying a normal match day ticket with a barcode present the same security risk?
if it is a card printed ticket, that would depend on if being scanned by an auto turnstile or by a person, and then whether the person is paying attention. For print at home tickets then yes.

Last sat game nope but call them and see. I know some Bolton fans who were asked to leave

We are far more civilised than those in "The Grim North" and far better educated.
Never heard Bolton being referred to as a "City of Dreaming Spires".

Dress code. Flat caps and whippets not appreciated.
Problem is really most pubs in area are uber trendy gastro venues notnused to the football crowd. Imo they and the police are being over strict but i would guess this should improve the more games we have.

Away pubs are the earlsfield and halfway house. 10 min walk to ground. If you go to wimbledon or tooting you will be able to drink where you like. All closer pubs home fans only.

Anyone with a spare ticket for today they're desperate to get rid of? I'd be happy to help out

Away pubs are the earlsfield and halfway house. 10 min walk to ground. If you go to wimbledon or tooting you will be able to drink where you like. All closer pubs home fans only.
Just went into the one on the corner top of riverside road, purely for toilet, a fair few dressed up, looking 'ard.

It was very odd getting in to the ground - No turnstiles. effectively two men standing at the end of a road with scanners and a few temporary metal crowd barriers.
What happens if 100 fans turn up at 2.55pm without tickets, they could just walk straight through. Two men with scanners are not going to stop them and the crowd barriers could easily be picked up, moved to create a wider entrance or used as missiles (albeit big ones)

It was very odd getting in to the ground - No turnstiles. effectively two men standing at the end of a road with scanners and a few temporary metal crowd barriers.
What happens if 100 fans turn up at 2.55pm without tickets, they could just walk straight through. Two men with scanners are not going to stop them and the crowd barriers could easily be picked up, moved to create a wider entrance or used as missiles (albeit big ones)

As already explained there are 3 temporary stands, so the infrastructure for turnstiles wasn’t put in. As a new build stadium I’d give them a bit of leeway.

Out of interest if any Wimbledon fans are reading , what was the plan for the other 3 stands? From where we were, the opposite stand behind the goal had a huge brick wall behind so presumably no problem building higher. Whereas the stand to our left had flats with balconies behind. Would that be able to be built upwards ?

As already explained there are 3 temporary stands, so the infrastructure for turnstiles wasn’t put in. As a new build stadium I’d give them a bit of leeway.

Out of interest if any Wimbledon fans are reading , what was the plan for the other 3 stands? From where we were, the opposite stand behind the goal had a huge brick wall behind so presumably no problem building higher. Whereas the stand to our left had flats with balconies behind. Would that be able to be built upwards ?
The final plans are a bowl wrap around as per the main stand. Same height is all in planning permissions.

Back
Top Bottom