Tickets Wimbledon away tickets

I'm confused - how would the ticket having a QR code mean that they're easily forged?

So after reading through this thread a few points. Brace yourselves as the pubs in earlsfield etc are £6.75 a pint. The corner pin by the ground is home fans only. There are two away pubs near earlsfield Station. The Bolton game was our last test event and while we passed there were issues. Half the away support spent the game trying to kick off with the home fans in the corner. Hence why you have a smaller allocation so the segregation area is bigger. If you have home fans in the home end I hope you have not bought in the section next to the away end to be near the oxford fans. Only because the Wimbledon fans in that section are unlikely to be welcoming. We have massive ticketing issues as is quite obvious to you already so don't rock up hammered at 2.55 and expect to be inside for kick off.
Oh and away fans in the home end who make themselves aware will most likely be ejected. Enjoy the game.
Is the Leather Bottle open to away fans? I've seen 'best beer garden in southwest London' and so been very much planning on basing most of my pre- and post-match day around it

I'm confused - how would the ticket having a QR code mean that they're easily forged?

I am only thinking this through, some tech genius may confirm or deny but........
If the QR ticket is on a phone/device the person scanning on the turnstile is unlikely to check if they are scanning a "whole ticket" or an image of said QR code?
Even more so if it 2.55pm and there is a backlog of folk to get through.

I am only thinking this through, some tech genius may confirm or deny but........
If the QR ticket is on a phone/device the person scanning on the turnstile is unlikely to check if they are scanning a "whole ticket" or an image of said QR code?
Once it is scanned once it would become used and would come upon their scanner as such I would imagine.

(normally) The QR code will be unique to the ticket. The scanner will pick up and transmit the unique value that the QR code represents and the 'system' will check it is valid for the event and hasn't been used before. having a "whole ticket" doesn't really matter.
Obviously this has some potential for issues, say I photocopy my ticket 500 times and pass them all on, then technically only the 1st scan at the turnstile is valid for entry, but not sure how they would deal with 499 people all with invalid copies of a ticket turning up at once.

OK, but how would the forger get an image of the unique QR code that is on the original ticket?

OK, but how would the forger get an image of the unique QR code that is on the original ticket?

Some dumbnuts have been known to post said images on social media, I know it`s amazing that people are so dim. :)

(normally) The QR code will be unique to the ticket. The scanner will pick up and transmit the unique value that the QR code represents and the 'system' will check it is valid for the event and hasn't been used before. having a "whole ticket" doesn't really matter.
Obviously this has some potential for issues, say I photocopy my ticket 500 times and pass them all on, then technically only the 1st scan at the turnstile is valid for entry, but not sure how they would deal with 499 people all with invalid copies of a ticket turning up at once.

I get the "unique" bit but can the system, that seems structurally weak already, actually cope with the 10 to 3 "surge in all areas of the ground?

The tickets that my group received are now invalid due to do Wimbledon "having cameras" so they had to move us. Need to pick up our new ones from the ground.

As there are multiple ways of getting tickets with barcodes these days, a physical match ticket which is harder to forge, or an email with a QR code, it might not be easy for a steward to identify that somebody is not the "correct" owner of that QR code if they have just a piece of paper printed out which could be a screenshot from social media if they are first into the ground before the correct owner.

We were saying the other day, we are getting too reliant on mobile phones to store everything like train and match tickets and wallet payment, and if the battery dies or you lose the phone then you are stuffed.

Equally if you lose your match ticket or forget it at home you are also stuffed.

Do stewards check whether you are the correct owner when using a physical match ticket?

To me the same dangers are present with both physical and e-ticketing (although I do slightly favor e-ticketing nowadays more than physical).

Equally if you lose your match ticket or forget it at home you are also stuffed.

Do stewards check whether you are the correct owner when using a physical match ticket?

To me the same dangers are present with both physical and e-ticketing (although I do slightly favor e-ticketing nowadays more than physical).
Generally clubs with a modern ticket office like us have a way of cancelling a printed ticket so that the barcode doesn't work, and then reissuing a new ticket for collection.

Also our match tickets are multicoloured and printed glossy on a thick paper ticket with a tear-off strip. Whereas some clubs' tickets are little more than a raffle ticket that you might get in the local pub meat draw.

Generally clubs with a modern ticket office like us have a way of cancelling a printed ticket so that the barcode doesn't work, and then reissuing a new ticket for collection.

Also our match tickets are multicoloured and printed glossy on a thick paper ticket with a tear-off strip. Whereas some clubs' tickets are little more than a raffle ticket that you might get in the local pub meat draw.
...... or basically a badly carved turnip, down the wrong end of the A420 :rolleyes: :oops: ;)

Some dumbnuts have been known to post said images on social media, I know it`s amazing that people are so dim. :)

I get the "unique" bit but can the system, that seems structurally weak already, actually cope with the 10 to 3 "surge in all areas of the ground?
If the system is correctly spec'd then yes. The difficulty is generally around the 3G/4G/5G/WiFi connectivity rather than the devices or back-end system. There will be some that 'forget' that once you add an extra 5000/10000/40000/90000 people into an area, most of which will have some sort of device that also communicates wirelessly, that there may well be comms issues - if the scanner can't send a request and then receive notification back that all is ok in a timely manner, then things will slow down.

Do you really think Oxford fans in the home end, or near your "BOYS" in the corner are going to be scared of the local chavs???? :ROFLMAO:

I think you better leave it there or we are going to have nightmares. "are unlikely to be welcoming," Suddenly think you are Millwall or something :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I've heard it all now. Cuddly Wimbledon suddenly have a firm o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Ooh will there be bovver? Will someone 'get a slap'? How peculiar.

Surely even if a ticket was forged it would only allow entry to 1 person and that’s only if they arrived at the ground before the actual ticket holder. I don’t really see it being a problem tbh, once the code is scanned it becomes dead and can’t be used again.

Is the Leather Bottle open to away fans? I've seen 'best beer garden in southwest London' and so been very much planning on basing most of my pre- and post-match day around it
Last sat game nope but call them and see. I know some Bolton fans who were asked to leave

Back
Top Bottom