Home Match Day Thread 01/04/2024: L1 OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have been entitled to whinge. Come on, 8 wins in 26 is it, 15th or 16th in the form table and automatics and 2nd to 7th and out of play offs. Today is a good day, let’s enjoy it, but don’t act as though people have been whining without reason.
Support your team, through thick and thin!

A brilliant result but in truth I didn't think there was much difference between today and Friday, the only difference was that we took our chances and TG was excellent where as Bodin wasn't as effective on Friday.

Bring on Burton and then 3 massive games.

Good result that, bit of a luck with some of the goals (deflections and clearly a foul in the build up to one), but as some others have rightly said, you can only beat what's in front of you.

Thought Murphy playing like that showed why he should be at a higher level (albeit injuries and consistency are reasons why he isn't) and also Bennett looked good today as well.

Still struggling to play from the back four out, but when we're playing against weak sides you have to be prepared to move them side to side and play incisive passes when the opportunity arises. The goal helped massively to open them up a bit.

Hopefully a big confidence boost ahead of Burton.

And if you can't get to Burton then definitely get to the last 3 home games.

I know there has been a lot of negativity, but 8500 home fans on Easter Monday is poor. Peterborough will be our last 3pm Saturday home game of the season and one that we really should be selling out for.
8500 is a decent crowd for two established league 1 teams that have been clogging around in the same league for nearly 10 years..
Like I said unless you give free tickets away your never going to fill the place against Fleetwood Town .
Also a large part of the fanbase don't come from oxfordshire .

8500 is a decent crowd for two established league 1 teams that have been clogging around in the same league for nearly 10 years..
Like I said unless you give free tickets away your never going to fill the place against Fleetwood Town .
Also a large part of the fanbase don't come from oxfordshire .
Yes a decent crowd, and with the large away support presumably against Posh and Lincoln, there is no reason we can't get 10,000 for both

A brilliant result but in truth I didn't think there was much difference between today and Friday, the only difference was that we took our chances and TG was excellent where as Bodin wasn't as effective on Friday.

Maybe in our build up which again was pedestrian, lazy and lacking in cohesion. The aim has to be to find some rhythm there before Lincoln or we’ll get dismantled. You can’t be smashing it up to their keeper as often as we do and expect to beat teams who use the ball far better than Fleetwood who were, as has been said, a car crash.

But…. there was a HUGE difference in the final third. We made sharp, good decisions - played the extra pass when it was on and shot when it wasn’t. We got decent attempts away most times we attacked. Broadly speaking less greed and more quality around the box. Final ball was there and Harris was getting chances and Rodrigues involved. Our shots stayed low meaning when we got the lucky deflections they had some chance of going in. Everything we didn’t do vs Shrewsbury.

Goodrham made a huge difference instead of Bodin. Just much more tidy and productive with the ball. I’d go unchanged at Burton but with Lincoln in mind - i worry about that midfield against a better side.

I think people have been entitled to whinge. Come on, 8 wins in 26 is it, 15th or 16th in the form table and automatics and 2nd to 7th and out of play offs. Today is a good day, let’s enjoy it, but don’t act as though people have been whining without reason.

Rinse and repeat.

10 points from 15 isn’t good enough for you?

Support your team, through thick and thin!

Yes, I do, with a season ticket for past 50 odd years. Have you never once moaned at a player, manager etc? Were you right behind Kemp, Rix, Patterson, Clotet etc in the name of Oxford United?

Thought the first 15 mins we were Ropey today and yet somehow found ourselves 1 up. After that thought we played some decent football, still need to improve distribution from the back with the formation we play - a number of overhit passes to both Dale and Murphy. Murphy was excellent but thought Branagan was superb today.
I do hope that Des doesn’t go with this formation against the better teams, whilst it has worked against the poorer sides I don’t think it will work against better teams - think we will get over-run in midfield and need someone else alongside cam-bran.

Massive difference. We played three long balls, from defence, in first 10 minutes today that rolled lamely into touch. We were playing them for 82 minutes at Shrewsbury.

Good result today. On to Burton.

Lincoln or us for the last spot now, I think. Stevenage and Orient form terrible; their geese are probably cooked unless an unlikely turnaround. Blackpool dropped points today and will have to do an awful lot to get back in it.
We’re in the playoffs in the last 6 games form table. Problem is we are up against the top of the table team.

But…20 shots from Carlisle today. Interesting.
Quite a few games in Lincolns great winning run they have had less possession and scored from few chances on target so perhaps they are a really good counter attacking team.

When Oxford lose people hammer ScotchEgg and when Oxford win people hammer Kip/other "negative" posters. All a bit unnecessary.

Lincoln have Pompey last day but that could well be an "on the beach" performance from Pompey
Hopefully we stay in contention, but at the moment our home game against Lincoln looks massive, but whatever the situation it’s still in our hands because of this home game against Lincoln!!

Hopefully we stay in contention, but at the moment our home game against Lincoln looks massive, but whatever the situation it’s still in our hands because of this home game against Lincoln!!
I guess it's subjective, but who has the easier "run in" out of us and Lincoln?

Yes, that’s good. 8 wins in 26 isn’t though. Your point is what?

Our form has improved going into the last 5 games… which is what matters now.

8 in 26 or 3 in 5…. You choose if you want to keep banging on about it, it won’t change anything. But you do like to keep reminding us.

Your posts earlier today, whilst expressing some form of positive comments couldn’t just be left as that. You just had to give us another 4 or 5 lines of the usual whinge just in case anyone had forgotten.

Don't you just want to be positive going into the last 5?? and save the autopsy for end of season.

I actually think we played better on Friday.

Let’s not kid ourselves, but Fleetwood’s performance today was one of the worst team performances from a league one side I think I’ve seen or can recall. Having said that, if they had scored that 1 on 1 chance (thought it was in from the South Stand!), and or, given the obvious foul on their player going through on goal just outside the 18 yard box, then it might have been a different story in terms of how the game could have panned out.

Our form has improved going into the last 5 games… which is what matters now.

8 in 26 or 3 in 5…. You choose if you want to keep banging on about it, it won’t change anything. But you do like to keep reminding us.

Your posts earlier today, whilst expressing some form of positive comments couldn’t just be left as that. You just had to give us another 4 or 5 lines of the usual whinge just in case anyone had forgotten.

Don't you just want to be positive going into the last 5?? and save the autopsy for end of season.

Give it a bloody rest!

My initial post was full of positivity. Every other post on this thread was an answer to something else being posted! What do you want me to say? No one can whine about today, it was great, but there’s been plenty of times in the past 26 games where a whinge is justified. That’s hardly an opinion, that’s fact.

Relax. Enjoy today, great win.🙄

I actually think we played better on Friday.

Let’s not kid ourselves, but Fleetwood’s performance today was one of the worst team performances from a league one side I think I’ve seen or can recall. Having said that, if they had scored that 1 on 1 chance (thought it was in from the South Stand!), and or, given the obvious foul on their player going through on goal just outside the 18 yard box, then it might have been a different story in terms of how the game could have panned out.
Not so sure about that. I think we could have given them a goal, maybe two goal start, and still won with a bit to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom