Home Match Day Thread 03/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Reading

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two days after the Transfer Window closes and weโ€™re still trying to score a goal by bringing on the work experience lad.
O'Donkor did well. Youre an embarrassment. No wonder he's lost confidence if he gets mobbed by keyboard warriors after a perfectly respectable performance

Two days after the Transfer Window closes and weโ€™re still trying to score a goal by bringing on the work experience lad.
But at least we got that extra midfielder in though, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: MJB
Disappointing 2nd half
No composure and couldnโ€™t put a decent pass together. Rodrigues pass to Dale summed it up.
Team play went out the window, no pressure and no desire to win any loose or 2 nd ball.
For all that any other decision from Negru and it should of been 3pts

I'm overseas at the minute so watched this game on iFollow.

All I can say is... wow. We were really, REALLY poor.

I thought our performance on Tuesday was the turning point, but we had more than good enough players and depth available today to win the game or at least play well - we did neither.

The ref really didn't help in that. A physical side that kept doing rough stuff on us without the ref seeming to care.

Then again, we weren't great, were we?

Mistakes cost us and such poor decision making in the final 3rd (RR was the worst for me, who made several very poor decisions/passes 2nd half)

Branners excellent and led by example.

Frustrating and disappointing, more points dropped against lesser opposition. Despite Reading seeming to want it more.

We played a very tough game against the League leaders on Tuesday. We were playing our 4th choice at left back.

The usual suspects asking for Buckingham's head are truly embarrassing,

Suspects? Plural meaning more than one.

I only saw Wandering Yellow calling for his head.

Letโ€™s not embarrass oneโ€™s self, and exaggerate!

Three games in a week where we've been at least equal to the opposition in general play, and we've taken only two points because we've conceded five ridiculously poor goals defensively (I will let them off the third against Rovers because we were pushing for the equalizer and got caught.....which happens)

Don't necessarily blame Brown for the goal today, but it was horrendous from Negru to get caught in possession and then equally horrendous to have two men cover and fail to get a challenge in.

We seem terrified of tackling anybody. Three consecutive games where we've conceded goals because we've dithered and failed to get a block or a proper challenge in, and have instead let an opposition player waltz towards our box and get a shot or cross away. Are the players just playing scared or is that how they're being coached? Either way, it's nonsense. If we're going to do anything this season, we've got to stop pfaffing around, get a ****ing tackle in and one way or another take the man out when we have an opportunity before they get into a dangerous position.

You're not going to get anywhere in this league if you're constantly conceding sloppy, easily preventable goals.

Rant over.....

Des isn't going anywhere, so you're shouting into the void with that call.

All this talk of Des Des Des, but when is anyone actually going to blame the players?
We've got some decent players. That was absolutely directionless second half.

Slow, laborious and second best. This one's on Des just as much as it is the players. He is absolutely out of his depth. Embarrassing today.

O'Donkor did well. Youre an embarrassment.
Did he? He didnโ€™t win (m)any headers, canโ€™t recall him having a shot, jogged about a bit.

Standard for him.

Heโ€™s (currently) a non-league standard player who is going backwards and desperately needs a loan. Shouldnโ€™t anywhere near the bench let alone being on of our two main striking options for something like a year now.

Thatโ€™s embarrassing.

We played a very tough game against the League leaders on Tuesday. We were playing our 4th choice at left back.

The usual suspects asking for Buckingham's head are truly embarrassing,

Des is tactically inept and doesnโ€™t inspire me, or his team. Heโ€™s earned criticism

Did he? He didnโ€™t win (m)any headers, canโ€™t recall him having a shot, jogged about a bit.

Standard for him.

Heโ€™s (currently) a non-league standard player who is going backwards and desperately needs a loan. Shouldnโ€™t anywhere near the bench let alone being on of our two main striking options for something like a year now.

Thatโ€™s embarrassing.

Grown man taking his frustrations out on a 19 year old who came on for the last few minutes. If football's making you do that you should get another hobby. Or some therapy

We are so so poor. Whatever was said to the team at half time god only knows. Not been one shouting for the managements head but the second half tactics of trying to sit deep were an embarrassment.

O'Donkor did well. Youre an embarrassment. No wonder he's lost confidence if he gets mobbed by keyboard warriors after a perfectly respectable performance

I didnโ€™t think he did anything of note. Didnโ€™t win any headers.

MJBs point was on transfers. Not specifically on GOD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom