Home Match Day Thread +++ 03/09/2019 Leasing.com Trophy : OUFC V Norwich U21 +++

Bit disjointed so far, we've looked pretty secure defensively but not a great deal going forward until right at the end of the half. Robinson is not impressed so far!?

Poor half really. We've had very little going forward, despite having what you would have thought is a fairly strong front 4 (Ageyi, Forde, Tosu, Hall). Hall looks a little sharper than he did earlier in the season but he just seems to have lost his spark, he's losing 50:50s against Norwich u-23 players and you have to wonder if, while his body may recover from his injuries, his mind might not.

Nothing much else to comment on. Baptiste and Agyei have shown flashes of usefulness but rustiness, as is to be expected after their time out. Berkoe has been slightly disappointing for me. I thought he looked decent but raw in the Cup, but he hasn't shown much of that here. Stevens not had but to do but distribution hasn't been great.

I suppose it's important to take the performance with a pinch of salt given the supreme lack of importance or bite in matches against u-23 sides, but it's a bit disappointing. Their #56 looks good.

Half time:

Positives:

We’ve dominated the game

Stevens looks solid enough, quick off his line

Berkow is quick and likes to get forwards

Baptiste showing glimpses of his old self

Agyei has all of the tools to be a great striker, quick, strong and runs the channels well, just a bit rusty/raw

Long still has it

Hanson passed quite well

Negatives:

No-one here

Fosu anonymous centrally

Lack of pace on the wings is limiting us yet again

Hall, while had a couple of good shots, looks like he’s not the same player as before

Poor half really. We've had very little going forward, despite having what you would have thought is a fairly strong front 4 (Ageyi, Forde, Tosu, Hall). Hall looks a little sharper than he did earlier in the season but he just seems to have lost his spark, he's losing 50:50s against Norwich u-23 players and you have to wonder if, while his body may recover from his injuries, his mind might not.

Nothing much else to comment on. Baptiste and Agyei have shown flashes of usefulness but rustiness, as is to be expected after their time out. Berkoe has been slightly disappointing for me. I thought he looked decent but raw in the Cup, but he hasn't shown much of that here. Stevens not had but to do but distribution hasn't been great.

I suppose it's important to take the performance with a pinch of salt given the supreme lack of importance or bite in matches against u-23 sides, but it's a bit disappointing. Their #56 looks good.

Not sure I agree with this, we’ve dominated the game and had a few chances especially at the end and a few corners etc. They’ve barely had a chance.

As an attacking unit we can pass the ball nicely but we so rarely make runs in behind especially from wide areas - we’re just not quick enough

I think that BErkoe has done really well...he looks pretty skillful, and put in one tremendous tackle.

While we are judging players it might be worth pointing out that most first team players see this competition nothing more than a glorified reserve team match so don't be surprised if they aren't fully up for it.

Back
Top Bottom