Away Match Build Up 06/04/2024: L1 Burton Albion v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just their pitch looked s**t recently and saw the forecast for rain and wind throughout the weekend.

They have played on it all winter though? Strange to start calling games off now.

The pitch isn't helping them at least, not won at home for a while.

Massive game, any win horrible conditions by the looks take 2-0 win ,COYY and then 3 games of real importance, but let's win tomorrow first ,fingers crossed.

I do wonder what’s happening with Marcus McGuane. I know he seemed out of form in the weeks before he was dropped but he was superb at the start of the season. Has he been left out for a rest to get him reenergised for the last few games?

Whilst we may get away with 1 real centre mid in Cam Bran against the likes of Fleetwood, surely at least one of the other central midfield positions needs filling with a proper midfielder for tougher games. Playing Cam plus 2 number 10s, or a number 10 and old school inside forward will surely be too open for games like Posh, Stevenage and Lincoln.

I’m not sure Josh McE is the answer so I wonder if we’ll see Marcus back tomorrow, get him a few minutes before he’s really needed against Posh etc?
I agree.
KR played 4141 often and many times it worked. BUT big but, that 1 was Gorrin and Cam was one of the 2 in central midfield.

They`ve just posted this.................

All tickets for the U's away trip to Burton Albion are physical tickets. Some supporters received an email encouraging them to download their ticket to their Apple or Google Wallet. This is incorrect.
If you have not received your ticket(s) they will need to be collected from the Kassam Stadium Ticket Office prior to 12pm on Friday 5th April or from the Burton Albion collection point, located in the South Stand, on the matchday.
Where was this posted? Thanks for flagging it up, I missed it and just seen that the google wallet links in my email are broken.

3-0 to the team in blue/red & black.

Cumming
Long Moore Brown Bennett
Brannagan
Tyler Rodrigues
Dale Harris Murphy​

Subs: Eastwood, Thorniley, Leigh, McEachran, Browne, Goodwin, Bodin

The kind of game we must win to retain any credibility as a promotion chasing side and I think we will:

Burton Albion 0 - Oxford United 2.

Burton are awful. Like, Port Vale/Carlisle awful.

Thought it odd when (well placed in 17th) they sacked Maamria in December. And since Paterson took over in early January they're 22nd (so their likely relegation feels very much self-inflicted).

They've lost the last 6 at home (including to both of the two sides that have been even worse than them over that time - Vale and Carlisle), scoring just 2 goals in the process. Play-off calibre sides Peterborough and Barnsley have each put 3 past them there in recent weeks.

I'm fully expecting a very comfortable win (much like the other week at Vale).

And then any dropped points by Lincoln, Stevenage and Blackpool are a bonus. I quite fancy at least 2 of them to drop points, which, depending on the combination, could almost take Blackpool out of the running, put clear daylight between us and Stevenage, and/or allow us to leapfrog Lincoln into 6th.

Confident of a very good day for us tomorrow.

Sounds too good to be true ,let's hope we don't do one of our classics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom