Home Match Build Up 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be crazy to drop McGuane seeing as he is playing better and better as he gets a run of games. He was one of our better players last night, and is improving game by game as he gets fitter and more up to speed
Im not a great fan of MM , but I agree, on last nights showing, both he and Holland gave it their all for the entire time they were on field..... did Holland tweak something before he was substituted? , if not the both should feature on Saturday IMO

Season's dead but I bought a ticket a few days ago so I'm roped into this one now.

1-1

Obviously yesterday was hugely disappointing but the season isn't over just yet in my opinion.

3 points behind 6th with 15 points left available for us.

Wycombe could easily get 3 points less than us in the remainder of the season, as could Sunderland. Maybe even Wednesday.

If we lose on Saturday then fair enough I think that might be it, especially as it's a 6 pointer.

But if we do win then it's still all to play for.

I want us to win on Saturday I really really want us to win I just can't see it happening I think Sunderland will be to strong for us the fact we can't keep clean sheets so they will definitely get one we seem like we've lost confidence in front of goal last night for eg earlier in the season we win that match 2-3
So I'm going for 1-3 btw I've only got the result right once all season 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday

The season isn't over and I think if we win 4 out of 5 games we get a play off spot.

Freshen it up, we need a more balanced side this weekend.

Eastwood

Forde
Mcnally
Moore
Long

Mousinho

Mcguane
Brannagan

Whyte
Taylor
Holland

Mous has played DM for us before and whilst not having the pace or stamina to get around like Kane would for progressive passing he would be a damn sight better at sweeping up and doing the simple defensive work.

You know the squad is unbalanced when there are calls for someone who has basically been retired for two seasons to start the remaining games.

And as a fan base we’ve accepted Forde to play right back because ‘he’ll do a job there’ when he’s been a winger his whole career 😂😂😂😂

And as a fan base we’ve accepted Forde to play right back because ‘he’ll do a job there’ when he’s been a winger his whole career [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

KR just doesn’t like wingers, clearly.

KR just doesn’t like wingers, clearly.
Karl’s had a strict limit put on the number of wingers he can have as part of his winger addiction recovery plan (WARP)

But then he says “No no no, you see, Forde is a right back, Williams is a left wingback, Whyte is a striker or a number ten, Sykes is a right wingback, Henry and Bodin are number tens… I need MORE” and proceeds to greedily guzzle down a load more sweet, sweet wide men

And as a fan base we’ve accepted Forde to play right back because ‘he’ll do a job there’ when he’s been a winger his whole career 😂😂😂😂

Can't stand that about Karl where he says a certain player will do a job there due to the fact he isn't good enough to make the team in his natural position. Forde signing a new contract and been sat on the bench for the last 2 games that we've lost is a prime example of why the f**k give him a new contract then. Just sign players for every position that are the best we can get Karl , stop trying to be clever !

Karl…greedily guzzles down a load more sweet, sweet wide men

giphy.gif

For me it hinges on having Cam Bran back. I didn’t go to Morecambe but at Plymouth I felt we were over-run 2nd half and their no.28 (Panutche?) was MOTM with incredible energy levels. I don’t think either McGuane or Kane played badly but they are different types of player, not the box-to-box high energy types like Cam Bran. It’s not just his quality we miss it’s the overall tempo he provides.

He has played and started 36 of our 41 games. Our record in the 5 he has missed is:
P5 W1 D0 L4 F6 A8.

So less than a point per game. For the record, he missed Wigan at home and Plymouth away (tough games) but also missed Morecambe home (which we won) and most significantly defeats at Morecambe and at Cheltenham which were both significant missed opportunities. Thankfully he has remained fit for the most part (and avoided that suspension).

Re: Seddon.

I have to say (overall) that his performances as a left back haven't filled me with confidence. He plays so high up the pitch I spent my time thinking 'he is more of a left sided wing back'. So then we switch to a system that requires wing backs and he is conspicuous by his absence. Of course, I don't know what system we are going to play on Saturday, but we signed him up for three years (and presumably he is being taught stuff in training) - is there an argument for putting him back in on Saturday whatever system we play?

When baldock was fit it was a good idea to play 2 up top but when he got injured we should have went back to basics the formation that got us in the play offs position earlier in the season 4-3-3 but not KR he knows best so we stick with 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 but we have only got Taylor who scores maybe if we are going to carry on 5-3-2 the back 5 should be
Williams long Moore McNally Seddon
The 3 in midfield should be
Sykes Kane brannagan
And why not try the front 2
Taylor Henry these two know each others game inside out they both enjoy playing together and whilst baldock is injured.it could be a master stroke by KR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom