Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Goodhram

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • Sub: O'Donker

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This team would give most in our division a decent game.

Eastwood
Moore Findlay Brown
Anderson Goodrham Bate Fleming
Joseph Konate
Smith

If Brannagan's fit lose McGuane. If the opposition's quicker lose Moore for Long. Wildschutt, GOD, the lesser spotted Murphy all helpful bench options depending on game state. Bodin could do a useful job in that shape too from time to time if things got niggly.

We'd still ship a fair few but at least teams would have to work for it and we'd ask enough questions to prevent games being 30 mins of strolling around us then an extended training session for the rest.

Every opposition team talk as things stand: "It's Oxford, easy, press high and target the space where their fullbacks won't be. Midfield? Do what you fancy, it'll be all yours boys"

Hoping Smith is the anti-Van Kessel and we look back on that horrific miss as an aberration before his true colours show. Despite the mess around them I liked the look of both newcomers last night: fit and lively and always head up looking for options and space (which unfortunately rarely existed).

You don't have to win every game to get some gratification out of watching your team.

True but I wouldn’t begrudge a few more, if you can only do home games at the moment like me the wins do start feeling a bit spaced out, especially as this is an unusual Robinson season with out good run.

I agree, 3-5-2 is the best solution and best utilises the personnel available. We have 4 defenders for the 3 places - Moore, Long, Findlay and Brown. We have wing backs in Anderson and strangely under-used Fleming with Long and even Goodhram possible back ups. The usual 3 in midfield though if Cam is out there in is a big problem ( Konate/Bodin/Browne when fit)) and 2 up top in Joseph and Smith with Wilschut or Browne( when fit) as alternatives.
In my opinion Goodhram is close to a starting place but GO’D is a year away. He is naive yet.
i am perplexed by the a ount of aimless long balls of late. We were pleasing on the eye when we played through midfield. I like Brown but he is more guilty of this than most, and please vary throw ins.
Brown always played good balls down the line for Marcus Browne and when Joseph on the wing but wildschut isn’t moving and giving and options to the left back

As Birdio has alluded to… we are a selection of individuals, not a team. Too many players playing out of position. And when 3/4 of them are in your defence, it’s obvious trouble.

As Birdio has alluded to… we are a selection of individuals, not a team. Too many players playing out of position. And when 3/4 of them are in your defence, it’s obvious trouble.
We never look like scoring im more concerned of that

Eastwood
Moore Findlay Brown
Joseph Konate
Smith

If Brannagan's fit lose McGuane. If the opposition's quicker lose Moore for Long. Wildschutt, GOD, the lesser spotted Murphy all helpful bench options depending on game state. Bodin could do a useful job in that shape too from time to time if things got niggly.

We'd still ship a fair few but at least teams would have to work for it and we'd ask enough questions to prevent games being 30 mins of strolling around us then an extended training session for the rest.

Every opposition team talk as things stand: "It's Oxford, easy, press high and target the space where their fullbacks won't be. Midfield? Do what you fancy, it'll be all yours boys"

Hoping Smith is the anti-Van Kessel and we look back on that horrific miss as an aberration before his true colours show. Despite the mess around them I liked the look of both newcomers last night: fit and lively and always head up looking for options and space (which unfortunately rarely existed).
Goodrham is not a central midfielder and should be played nowhere near there, we'd get steamrolled. Goodhram either starts in that front 3 or comes on for Joseph or Konate in that formation.

That's the team I'd go with though other than that. It fits our personnel best and has already proven to work. 5 at the back will surely sure up one of the leakiest defences in the league and from there you can grind out points to make sure we finish well ahead of the bottom 4.

I really don't understand the arrogance of Robinson, nothing sums up his ego better than playing "his" team / tactics / formations rather than a proven winning one which suits his players.

I have no doubt any new manager would come in and set us up like that immediately.

Brown always played good balls down the line for Marcus Browne and when Joseph on the wing but wildschut isn’t moving and giving and options to the left back
Wildschut has a bit of a Hoban physique, in that his bottom half is much stockier than his top half, maybe not to the same extreme as Hoban, but it’s a clear sign of an unfit player

Wildschut has a bit of a Hoban physique, in that his bottom half is much stockier than his top half, maybe not to the same extreme as Hoban, but it’s a clear sign of an unfit player
Yeah looks so unfit

Yeah looks so unfit
Thought he showed glimpses last night that when at 100% he could do a lot of damage,if and a big if the right ball is played to him where he is able to run at defenders and if KR played him on the right he would be even more dangerous because he can’t cross with his left

Eastwood
Moore Findlay Brown
Joseph Konate
Smith

Probably give a decent game but that's a long way off winning. Too much to ask Tyler to run the midfield he needs to be wide, and Findlay is a total liability. No place for Sam who is our best attitude player!

Thought he showed glimpses last night that when at 100% he could do a lot of damage,if and a big if the right ball is played to him where he is able to run at defenders and if KR played him on the right he would be even more dangerous because he can’t cross with his left
He looks like a pub team centre forward but has very quick feet. Appearances may be deceptive here.

My 11 for Saturday. We simply MUST play 352. I refuse to bend to this notion that we are better when playing 4123/433. It’s simply not true. The fans can see it, and it’s about time Robbo pulled his head out of his a**e.

If he starts Bodin up top, he has to go. If we play 4123 formation and we lose, he simply HAS to go. There is a LOT of talent and potential in this squad. It’s being mishandled and wasted. We’ve signed the players to make 352 work, so WHY DOES HE NOT PLAY IT!?

bca0a1be9baa8a836d85b6b372c0180b.jpg

My 11 for Saturday. We simply MUST play 352. I refuse to bend to this notion that we are better when playing 4123/433. It’s simply not true. The fans can see it, and it’s about time Robbo pulled his head out of his a**e.

If he starts Bodin up top, he has to go. If we play 4123 formation and we lose, he simply HAS to go. There is a LOT of talent and potential in this squad. It’s being mishandled and wasted. We’ve signed the players to make 352 work, so WHY DOES HE NOT PLAY IT!?

BECAUSE HE'S A f*****g MORON!!

The last five minutes was pure anti-football and a case for Kane getting a second yellow. From his time here, I don't recall him being quite the hard man that was on display last night and I thought the ref could have taken firmer action with some of his challenges.

He had his moments - the tackle he made at Lincoln that got him a three match ban was not very friendly!

On reflection, almost the worst thing about our set up last night was the way we treated Kane.
We had him for an entire season, and the one thing we saw over and over again was that if the opposition backed off and gave him space, he ran the show and made us tick. If the opposition got tight and constantly in his face, he was nowhere near as effective.

So what did we do last night? Gave him the freedom of OX4! He picked the ball up in acres of space again and again and again and again.
I actually think Kane wasn't at his best last night - passing was a little erratic. If he had been, we'd have gotten a hiding.

If we'd played 3-5-2, as we should have, then someone (probably Long) could have stepped up and pressed him, and cut off their supply. But nope, even the basic stuff seems to be too much for KR at the moment......

Matty may not have been the answer this season, but are any of the others any better, if not worse? I like Joseph’s work rate but he is never going to score many, Smith looked out of his depth (regardless of his shocking effort), my fellow Frenchman (Vive la République), skilful, but looked lightweight, and GO’D, not yet convinced. Jury out on GO’D and feel half the hype from others is because he is a local lad. Still young, but certainly not first team yet.

That 11 is so good

I don't think that midfield would stand up to much.

Not sure what other options there are mind.

I don't think that midfield would stand up to much.

Not sure what other options there are mind.
Cometh the hour, cometh the Smyth - at least he's quite a big guy. I'm sure we'll see Josh Johnson at some point this season and inevitably Bodin in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom