Home Match Build Up 12/08/2023 L1: OUFC v Carlisle

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is changing formation the ONLY way to stop goals being conceded?

Is Stevens, Long, Moore, Thorniley, Brown any stronger than a flat 4?

Or Long, Moore, Brown, Thorniley, Stevens?

I'd much rather we stick to the formation that we've worked with all through the summer, but just play better as individuals and a team.

I fear any combination of those defenders will see us concede. More defensive signings needed.

I'd much rather we stick to the formation that we've worked with all through the summer, but just play better as individuals and a team.
I’d say say Long Moore Brown for a back 3
Stevens surprised me how loose he and Mills were Wednesday defensively, no question a nice flighted ball to Bodin for our goal.
Thorniley had a shocker, people point out pace. but wouldn’t be surprised if Long and Brown were the quickest two of the four

Yes I don’t want to sound too technical but I advocate just playing better rather than agonising over different combinations of players.

Just to be clear on what Liam Manning said on Tuesday.

"Bringing in additional players that are able to give us different solutions to different challenges is something that I knew we needed and hasn’t changed off the back of the weekend.”

He added: “Hopefully in the next couple of days, we’ll able to get one done, and possibly two.

“We’re moving down the road with a few of the outgoings as well, so hopefully in the next three or four days, we might have some more news"

HOPEFULLY in the next couple of days getting one done and POSSIBLY two.

So its a little early to be calling bullshit on what's been said, especially with us having an away game midweek. I'm sure we'll have at least two new players in next week and ready to play against Barnsley.

A draw will do for a start......... stabilise the boat a bit before we go on a promotion winning charge. :)

I got a feeling we will lose and the crowd won't be happy come the final whistle.

Beadle
Stevens Moore Negru brown
Mcguane Brannagan Mceachran
Rodrigues Browne
Harris

We will win on Saturday and then lose the following two. Barnsley will give us a thumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom