Away Match Day Thread 13/01/2024 L1: Carlisle United v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
More confident of a win than I was a week ago, will be a critical month for us if we want to maintain a promotion push, let's start with 3 points against Carlisle!

Can’t sit back and try see this out we have to put them too the sword especially with a centre half and two deeper midfielders on yellows.

Dare I say that we are only 4 points off Pompey as it stands?
With a game in hand. They've blown it big time, could go down to fourth once everyone has caught up.

Not been watching the game but sounds like we've been poor but sprung into life towards the end of the half. Hopefully we come out second half with that intensity and maybe get some minutes into Burey and Leigh. Well in Sparky as well, I've been critical most the season but he's in good form at the moment.

What is it with these redeems 4 mins added time up but allowed the corner like that knob ref with Derby

Now the wheels have come off at Pompey will we have to set up a phone line for the fans of Mous Pompey on here, hard times for those of you who wanted to see them win the league.

Not sure we can play any worse than that - our passing and decision making has been atrocious for 45 minutes.

The fact that we're winning, and it's not outrageously against the run of play, probably says everything about how good Carlisle are!

If we actually play even our average game second half, we'll win this going away......

Bishop Stortford's striker K Crichlow, scores first half 12-minute hattrick, I have put this in the transfer news as well. Worth a look?

Well, the best you can say is that we are winning. Not sure we *really* deserved it if I am honest - our attacks were few and far between. Carlisle aren't terribly good - but I think a neutral would have trouble telling the team in 5th from the team in 23rd. Let's hope for better from us in the second half.

Dreadful first 25 minutes. Passing and pressing both non-existent. Against a fast-breaking team we would have been in the sh*t.
Then a change in tactics bringing Smyth outside right and all of a sudden things started working better, two pieces of skill enough to get the goal against a very poor Carlisle team (though I do like Butterworth I must say).

Several brain farts (MM, Bran) that would be punished on any other day though.

Defensively we look fairly sound though, Carlisle have been restricted to long-range poor shots. We are just missing some spark. In flashes, Tyler has shown what a bit of pace can do against them. Hopefully Burey comes on and is right on it.

Back
Top Bottom