Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we beat Lincoln we’d be 6 off Blackpool with 6 left to play for. We have. Game in hand (Tues) over Blackpool and a better GD.

These 13 goals may have just got us in the play offs!
Blackpool’s next game is seismic for the play off pack. Barnsley at home.

Barnsley go to Pompey before that, who still need at least a draw to finish off the job. But they’ll want a win to see them up on home soil.

I wouldn’t want to be either of them from here. If we beat Lincoln it’s job done. But it’s gone from a must win to a must not lose and they’re wobbling - I like those odds.

Before today, I was just hoping Oxford could limp into a playoff position only to be the ceremonial sacrifice to be slaughtered by Derby/Bolton/Peterborough in the first round. Now? This is the best this team has looked since the run before the COVID shutdown

Wow simply astonishing. A couple of key players missing, those who stepped in or changed position did really well, simply brilliant.

Murphy and Harris almost unplayable up front. Well done to Des and all the players, it’s been a magnificent win.

I still almost can’t believe it. A real statement performance.

WOW! What an incredible turnaround, that keeps getting better!

There was a small part of me that was worried the big improvement we'd recently made would stall today, and we would get a reality check once we came up against a team of Peterborough's quality... :ROFLMAO:

The only reality check was to see that it's all finally all clicked into place, and we're suddenly now the real deal going into the final few games of the season, and on this form, nobody's stopping us!

Long is suddenly in the best form for several seasons, looking like the player we all fell in love with back then.
McEachran looks class all of a sudden, a real maestro, and what perfect timing!
Murphy is outrageously good, the change in him has been unbelievable. Please please please let's all pray we can get him to sign a new contract. 🙏

Des has shocked me to be honest, I really thought he was a lame duck at this level, and I was fed up with watching the shite he and the team was serving up, but my god how wrong I was, the way things have changed in recent weeks, and the way things have suddenly just clicked is incredible, I don't think I've ever seen such an amazing turnaround before, it's quite astounding!

I'm stunned.

Superb performance, we're absolutely flying!

Well done Des and the lads 👏👏

Back
Top Bottom