Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who’s going to come up with Permutations for the next 2 home games?

I'd say it's basically:

Beat Lincoln, and we need one point from our last two games
Draw with Lincoln, and we may need one win from our last two games
Lose to Lincoln, and all bets are off but we might have to win the last two then.

No Goodwin until the play offs (if we get there....☹️) - maybe this is a signing that we'll have to write off for this season and prepare for next? The phrase glass ankle springs to mind🙈

WOW! What an incredible turnaround, that keeps getting better!

There was a small part of me that was worried the big improvement we'd recently made would stall today, and we would get a reality check once we came up against a team of Peterborough's quality... :ROFLMAO:

The only reality check was to see that it's all finally all clicked into place, and we're suddenly now the real deal going into the final few games of the season, and on this form, nobody's stopping us!

Long is suddenly in the best form for several seasons, looking like the player we all fell in love with back then.
McEachran looks class all of a sudden, a real maestro, and what perfect timing!
Murphy is outrageously good, the change in him has been unbelievable. Please please please let's all pray we can get him to sign a new contract. 🙏

Des has shocked me to be honest, I really thought he was a lame duck at this level, and I was fed up with watching the shite he and the team was serving up, but my god how wrong I was, the way things have changed in recent weeks, and the way things have suddenly just clicked is incredible, I don't think I've ever seen such an amazing turnaround before, it's quite astounding!

I'm stunned.

Superb performance, we're absolutely flying!

Well done Des and the lads 👏👏

Well, this is a tonic. Brilliant!

Bridport lost 5-0 at home, 1 sent off, can't defend. The choices we make......

COYY!

Disgusted by that today, I won't be back until we win 6.0 every week, I can tend my allotment or find another excuse not to support my team.

A message for the whining whinging fuds who masquerade as fans, f*ck you, and up the U's!

Through thick and thin...

Fully prepared to admit I know nothing about football, but I never expected that. McEachran really stepped up, real team performance.

When Bodin came on, I thought "OK, a bit slower, but he does have a cool head in front of goal".

Bloody hell. I was in the third row and saw him go (too?) wide, but look back at the goal.

"There's no way he's going to get that back.... Oh!"

Limbs. First Saturday game I've been able to get to for ages, so glad I did.

Good to hear the Buckingham's Yellow Army chants too.

I'd say it's basically:

Beat Lincoln, and we need one point from our last two games
Draw with Lincoln, and we may need one win from our last two games
Lose to Lincoln, and all bets are off but we might have to win the last two then.
4 points and we are in the play offs.
Stevenage can't catch us. Blackpool have to win both their remaining games (Barnsley & Reading) and Lincoln will have to win at least 2 of their last 3 games and hope we lose all 3.

Stevenage can't catch us. Blackpool have to win both their remaining games (Barnsley & Reading) and Lincoln will have to win at least 2 of their last 3 games and hope we lose all 3.
Lincoln have pompey last game as well. If we put ourselves in Lincoln’s and Blackpool’s shoes, we’d be biting our nails for the next couple of weeks.

If we lose to Lincoln and they win their last two, four points from Stevenage/Exeter wouldn’t be enough.

But don’t lose on Tuesday and we’re looking golden!

Back
Top Bottom