Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was outstanding today, I was fearing the worse when I see Brannagan and Moore out but we didn't miss them one bit. The pressing from the off and the fast counter attack is a very dangerous weapon and that's why we've scored 13 in 3 games.

Atmosphere was great today too, haven't heard singing in the east stand concourse at half time for years.

Now onto Lincoln to get behind the team again and be the 12th man!

Sam Long, I apologise. I've been critical of him, maybe it was fair enough, particularly around his composure and distribution. However, today was one of his finest performances in a yellow shirt.

Josh McEachran, what a performance.

Controversial but we looked like a team playing more freely without Brannagan in it. Better on set pieces. Better with playing the right passes at the right time. Now it's only one game and I love Brannagan but if he is fit for Tuesday, does he even get back in!?

Oh and I bloody loved that ref. Definitely better for us than them!

Wasn't able to watch today's game, due to visiting family in a toasty 30⁰ Bologna, but I have been repping the shirt round town. Perfectly acceptable, given Macron is a Bologna-based brand!
Perfectly acceptable anywhere. I was wearing one in Mexico City in the early 2000s. Was approached by an Oxford fan one day and a Mexican on another who just wanted to know about English football.

My first game since Stevenage away due to health issues and work commitments. What a day and what an atmosphere! Being back in block 19 again was superb, everyone up for it!

We are sensational on the counter attack and I think Des and the boys have sussed it. Just in time for the playoffs if we get over the line!

Was pessimistic without Brannagan and Moore but Long was collosal at centre back and Mceachran was my man of the match. Great positioning, great marking and great passing. Allowed the rest to attack at will.

Bring on the Imps.

My first game since Stevenage away due to health issues and work commitments. What a day and what an atmosphere! Being back in block 19 again was superb, everyone up for it!

We are sensational on the counter attack and I think Des and the boys have sussed it. Just in time for the playoffs if we get over the line!

Was pessimistic without Brannagan and Moore but Long was collosal at centre back and Mceachran was my man of the match. Great positioning, great marking and great passing. Allowed the rest to attack at will.

Bring on the Imps.
Ultras back for the Championship?

If we lose to Lincoln and they win their last two, four points from Stevenage/Exeter wouldn’t be enough.

But don’t lose on Tuesday and we’re looking golden!
That’s why I said that Lincoln can only catch us if we lose every game (meaning they would have beaten us) and they win at least 2 of their 3 😉

Ultras back for the Championship?
Oh man. I was just coming to the realisation that the Championship is the reward for winning the playoffs. When you think about the teams competing at the top of the Championship this week....... Shivers!

Will be a different game on Tuesday. Highly doubt that Lincoln will be as gung ho, open and (frankly) suicidal as Posh were today - because they know we'll tear 'em apart if they are, and their manager seems to be a smart cookie.

So we might need to be a bit more patient. But the way our forwards are playing right now, you'd bet on us to break anybody down......

Oh man. I was just coming to the realisation that the Championship is the reward for winning the playoffs. When you think about the teams competing at the top of the Championship this week....... Shivers!
Ipswich? Nothing to worry about

That’s why I said that Lincoln can only catch us if we lose every game (meaning they would have beaten us) and they win at least 2 of their 3 😉

You also said '4 points and we're in', which isn't strictly true......has to be the right four points!

Ipswich, who were in our league last season. The Mighty Yellows fear nobody!

Back
Top Bottom