Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only thing that would've made that better is if it floated into the goal slower!

Goals that go in after hitting the bar and bouncing down on the line and lobs/chips that go in slowly are the two most satisfying type of goals in football!
I think Dan Walker calls them a thronker. Like the Tony Yeboah goal. Volley off the bar and in.

I know I'm going to upset a few people but I found our play from defence to attack was much faster without Brannagan. If he's fit he should only be on the bench Tuesday, keep the fantastic team exactly as yesterday started. And definately McEachran in.
Who would've thought before the season started, that our best and most productive midfield three would be McEachran, Rodrigues and Goodrham?!?

Unreal. Well done lads 👏 👏 👏

Will be interesting to see how this formation works with teams that park the bus.. lincoln and stevenage I presume will be a lot less open that pboro

Didn’t Peterborough value Ronnie Edwards at £5million?
🤣🤣

What a thoroughly enjoyable day out. The sun was warming, a slight breeze and the boys playing some great football. 5 goals and none conceded.
Had fun right from the teams coming out as we threw streamers down from the SSU - handed some out to our neighbours who also enjoyed the atmosphere. The SSU was rocking! Even heard singing in the concourse at half time - seriously!
More of the same please.

So my Grandma's Sherry Trifle was provided to SSU then. :D

Didn’t Peterborough value Ronnie Edwards at £5million?
🤣🤣

Didn’t look like a 5 million pound player to me, there aren’t too many League One players, (especially defenders) worth that sort of money.

Knight (5) and Katongo (2) had absolute nightmares for the first 45 minutes, mainly due to Murphy, both got hauled off at halftime.

Mason-Clarke looked dangerous, however I thought Stevens on the whole did pretty well against him, and stuck to his task.

Ajiboye who came on at halftime caused Leigh a few problems and looked the most likely of the Peterborough players to create an opening.

Will be interesting to see how this formation works with teams that park the bus.. lincoln and stevenage I presume will be a lot less open that pboro
It should allow us to have options against a side who sit deep and defend, especially when your two central attacking midfielders can beat a man to open up space, although those games are always tough of course…

The only thing that would've made that better is if it floated into the goal slower!

Goals that go in after hitting the bar and bouncing down on the line and lobs/chips that go in slowly are the two most satisfying type of goals in football!
I thought it did float in realtime but certainly moving far faster in the videos

Morning all, hope we are still riding a crest of a wave after that amazing performance yesterday.

Want to see more great football from our beloved OUFC beyond 2026? Then get your positive comments about our new stadium into the CDC planning portal if you haven't yet! Our clubs future depends on it.

Quoting it get more people to see it, if you want more days like yesterday then get in with it.

Tin Hat on… 😂

It would have been interesting to see how we would have reacted to missing that penalty and then Borough not hitting the crossbar from 2 yards out.
But there are *always* sliding doors moments like that in games. You should score a penalty, but if we'd missed it the restart would not have been a kickoff so the situation that lead to their miss would never have happened. The Butterfly Effect and all that!

But there are *always* sliding doors moments like that in games. You should score a penalty, but if we'd missed it the restart would not have been a kickoff so the situation that lead to their miss would never have happened. The Butterfly Effect and all that!
Absolutely.

I think we have lost games and done exactly this in terms of what if this or that had happened etc..

I am sure Posh have been doing the same, but I don’t think they would have contained us yesterday in any event, we were that hot.

Back
Top Bottom