Current Player #13 Simon Eastwood

I bet he doesn't!
We know that he can be an excellent keeper at this level.
He has had a very poor season, but are you suggesting that he can't get over that dip in form?
I am very surprised by the length of the contract. Like others I can only assume that it is on reduced terms, helping with his coaching qualifications.
100% not suggesting that! Worded it poorly, I was more meaning in the longer term not next season. Given his dip in form, there was no chance of another team offering him a 3 year contract, so it makes sense for everyone. He gets a longer term contract and can try and fight for his place, but if it doesn't work out because Jack sticks around then he at least has a decent wage (I reckon much lower than previously, though) for the next three years. If he takes a 1 year contract at a lower L1 side earning less money to be no1 and struggles, he gets released and ends up on an even lower wage in L2 or lower. I could also imagine clubs sniffing around Wayne Brown so perhaps there's an element of him taking over one day.

One thing is for sure, whether Easty is no1 or Jack is, I'd wager we have the best backup keeper in League 1, and that is not a bad place to be.

I was surprised but it makes sense. Better to have an experienced head as number 2 with such an inexperienced number 1. Good business

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
LCP Brannagan
Henry Agyei Barker

SUBS: Taylor, Shodipo, Kelly, Sykes, Hanson, Grayson, Eastwood​

Said it before, if he’s on a number 2’s salary and then taking into account his age, he’s on a much reduced wage then it’s very good business.

If he’s on the same or something close to that, it’s poor judgment by those who made the call.

Good signing, and who gives a s**t about the wages e.g. if he’s on the same, I mean it’s not as though we actually pay him directly. For all we know there might be clauses in all/most players contracts which means they earn more money based on appearances etc.
Monies good be spent elsewhere but a good move hopefully he can get back to the level of performance required.

Said it before, if he’s on a number 2’s salary and then taking into account his age, he’s on a much reduced wage then it’s very good business.

If he’s on the same or something close to that, it’s poor judgment by those who made the call.
Ha - you think the pros are using poor judgement. You realise that they will have thought about everything you know, and will know lots of other stuff as well?

Following on from the stats above...Our performance defensively is good, which means when it gets to Eastie, it becomes an inevitable goal!

1666187678609.jpeg

Following on from the stats above...Our performance defensively is good, which means when it gets to Eastie, it becomes an inevitable goal!

View attachment 10549
What's also worth noting about this is that we've played a few of the teams in the 'worse attack, worse defence' category and got 4 points off them out of a possible 15. Highlighting what many of us have said about how we have been dropping points to crap sides.

Safe to say we have 3 keepers and none of them are good enough to be our number one. Surprisingly we haven't been trounced yet and defended quite well against Plymouth but the real test for everyone at the back is when we play the big boys, and there's several tough games in the next two months. I also wonder how many clean sheets we've kept this calendar year? It was a sticking point last season where we manged to concede two a game for most of the second half yet still win a string of matches against some decent teams. Concede two this season or even one and it's hard to see us get 3pts in many fixtures the way we are.

Back
Top Bottom