Away Match Day Thread 15/08/23 - L1: Derby County v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes why not? Stranger things have happened! Does anyone remember west stand ram from many years ago seemed a strange mixture of a derby and oxford fan? COYY

We played Derby at home in the top league in the 80's (w 2-0). My best friend's wedding that day, we finished the main course by 2:30. The groom's Dad and best man were also yellows.
I tabled my cunning plan.
We made kick off.
Lost many, many brownie points that day.

Tough to predict, depends which Oxford team shows up. Reckon it will be a close and competitive 1-1. COYY

Im usually optimistic on match days - 3 points would be brilliant, albeit lady luck will need to be on our side ( and no new signings announced as yet) , I fancy it'll be a battling draw 1-1

As it's my birthday today, I'm hoping for a birthday miracle. 1-0 Oxford, 90th minute winner by Sam Long, set up by Ciaron Brown. Full Backs showing the forwards how it's done.

Happy Birthday !

One win and a loss from these next two will be a great return, two draws would be very decent too. Anything more than 3 points from the two would be a terrific return and really set the season up.

I was talking about our next three games (Derby/Barnsley/Charlton) and what I’d take from them with someone on the way out of the ground on Saturday.

I said then that if I were offered 4 points from those three fixtures I’d take it. 5+ would be outstanding considering how we’ve started the season.

Would be great to get the first of those points tonight. Weirdly I think we’re more likely to get something from this one than Barnsley. (Although that could be the last 5/6 years of having Barnsley constantly beating us and nicking our transfer targets talking…)

Don't see anything for us tonight...Derby appear to be that little bit more savvy. 1-0 or 2-0 to them but as always happy to be proven wrong.

It's quite revealing. If we (as a collective) were really looking forward to and expecting an excellent season, we wouldn't be hoping for a miracle, predicting a backs to the wall late smash and grab win or hoping for a draw. As it happens, I agree with the hive mind - we will probably lose and I'd take a draw.

Back
Top Bottom