Away Match Day Thread 15/08/23 - L1: Derby County v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great finish from Harris after a great read and through ball by CamBran. Moore doing what he does best and just getting his head on everything though his distribution continues to worry me. McGuane been effective with clever passing.

But the one who’s stood out the most to me is Browne - he’s been running his socks off, and tracking back with real vigour. I wonder if he’s been instructed specifically to drop into the RB position to assist Long when Derby are breaking? Anyway, long May it continue. And the referee has been very generous to us with his decisions since we scored - long may that continue!

What a great half of football from the yellows. After the first 5 minutes or so,I've felt that we've done well and been as big a threat as Derby have.

Defense have been solid. Sam Long and Marcus Browne are a big improvement on the right hand side compared to the Bristol game. Ciaron Brown and Stephan Negru have been great too.

Mark Harris could go on to have a great season if he carries on like this. Quick thinking from CamBran for the goal. Great pass.

Good half, nice to see an Oxford side full of battle.

I actually think Derby’s way of playing suits all of our back four - they can all head a ball and battle, and Derby mainly look to smash it long. When they’ve run at us it’s a different story, so hopefully they don’t figure that out! Derby corners have also been very dangerous.

As for us, Harris works so hard and is rapid. Browne has won multiple fouls and bookings, and everyone else has worked had and been tidy. Ciaron Brown still looks a little dodgy, maybe low on confidence but overall it’s been a good performance so far…

So glad I got to the game. Hold on to this boys! Bodin could have done better though harris has been excellent

Good half, nice to see an Oxford side full of battle.

I actually think Derby’s way of playing suits all of our back four - they can all head a ball and battle, and Derby mainly look to smash it long. When they’ve run at us it’s a different story, so hopefully they don’t figure that out! Derby corners have also been very dangerous.

As for us, Harris works so hard and is rapid. Browne has won multiple fouls and bookings, and everyone else has worked had and been tidy. Ciaron Brown still looks a little dodgy, maybe low on confidence but overall it’s been a good performance so far…
Brown has cleared everything what u on about

Great finish from Harris after a great read and through ball by CamBran. Moore doing what he does best and just getting his head on everything though his distribution continues to worry me. McGuane been effective with clever passing.

But the one who’s stood out the most to me is Browne - he’s been running his socks off, and tracking back with real vigour. I wonder if he’s been instructed specifically to drop into the RB position when Derby are breaking?
And Long and I’m not one of his fans. But credit is definitely due tonight, excellent half against one of the top L1 players. Also Brannagan playing very well. There has been a lot of crap written about him and he is proving those that wrote it wrong. Lad that always gives his all, sometimes too much!

I'd very much like the second goal soon. However, Derby posing little threat and seem vulnerable at the back - our goal came from a giveaway.

11 players playing for the manager and each other in that first 45 mins, a breath of fresh air. First half performance away at Derby a million miles from Sat at home to Carlisle.

Hope we can keep it up but Derby do look dangerous especially from set pieces, going to be a very tough second half,

COYY

Excellent stuff. Can’t fault a lot of that - Derby started very strong but we didn’t s**t our pants and took control pretty soon after. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom