Away Match Day Thread 17/02/2024 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in spite of todays matchday official and being away to Wycombe- ( despite the White Horse being shut permantley, they'll be plenty of tits on display- on the pitch) -, Im feeling confident for an away win, - a late winner to bring the 3pts home, 1-2 Cambran n Gregly

Last edited:
I have absolutely no doubts that Des has a robust tactical plan ready and waiting to unleash that will leave Wycombe looking like complete amateurs. 3 nil Oxford.
I just posted this on the Wigan thread.

I can’t figure out why we can’t keep clean sheets. Defence is still struggling with setpieces for some reason. I wouldnt bet on a clean sheet happening away to Wycombe.
So its valid to question Des coaching skills but at the same time he’s a cookie cutter modern coach from the City sports group so shouldnt academically be any less informed than Manning or even Pep G!
Also, our back four, how many 1st team games have they played? Surely they are gonna have more than enough about them to do better?

I’m going 2-2!

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: Nox
Goals galore. 3-3 draw.

Shame we couldn’t sell out. I guess it is a good indication of just how many people would be willing to travel to Adams Park for β€˜Home Games’ in a couple of years time.

Get that extension at the Kass sorted, sharpish!

I’ll seek this out when it ends up 0-0, but yeah there will definitely be plenty of goals in this one.

I’ll seek this out when it ends up 0-0, but yeah there will definitely be plenty of goals in this one.
Surely it won’t be 0-0! I’d even say 4-4 is more likely than 0-0…

Wycombe have scored 15 goals in their last 5 games. Oxford haven’t kept a clean sheet for 13 games. We’re going to need to score at least two goals to win this one I think…

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: MJB
FROM THE ARCHIVES

Adams Park

January 15th 2022

FjNYY6jWAAE0-O2
Jan 15th 2022 - "how are we getting away with this....?"
Jan 15th 2024 - "Oh!!"

Still in Mexico πŸ‡²πŸ‡½. Completed terqula shot challenge. Will have to do cocktails today I guess for every goal scored. Really bad vibe about this game, we rarely do well against them, crap card happy ref etc. Obtaining no injuries or red cards is the order of today. Anymore will be a bonus.
Living in hope for 3 points but expecting nothing.
COYY

REF WATCH

F3kBmJFW0AADB1s

Manchester referee Simon Mather is the man in the middle. The card happy whistler has refereed 24 matches this season issuing 134 yellow cards and
ten red cards.
I’m very worried about today’s ref, he’s already sent two of our players off this season, in that farcical home game against Bristol R when he issued 3 reds in total and numerous yellow cards. The red for Mills later got rescinded as it was a terrible decision and Smyth was only on the pitch for about 5 mins during which he got 2 yellows!

Let’s hope he’s more lenient this afternoon otherwise this could be carnage!

So its valid to question Des coaching skills but at the same time he’s a cookie cutter modern coach from the City sports group so shouldnt academically be any less informed than Manning or even Pep G!
Also, our back four, how many 1st team games have they played? Surely they are gonna have more than enough about them to do better?

I’m going 2-2!

As long as he's more academically informed than Pep C!

I just posted this on the Wigan thread.

I can’t figure out why we can’t keep clean sheets. Defence is still struggling with setpieces for some reason. I wouldnt bet on a clean sheet happening away to Wycombe.

I’m going 2-2!
Set pieces certainly a major part of our downfall at the moment which bodes well for us today…. I don’t expect a clean sheet but this is still a game we should be the better side and looking to win. Posh played kamikaze football there based on the highlights so we need to be concentrating - they gave Bolton a really good game too. But this is not the Wycombe of old and we need to be winning games like this.

At Blackpool I felt we defended pretty well in the main. Don’t think anybody had a poor game back there. Against Wigan, however, we were all over the place in spells and I’m afraid a certain individual, having been twisted around, folded over and sent home by their winger for the opening goal, became a target for them thereafter and we didn’t deal with it.

Hopefully today there is a plan because getting behind Long and pulling Moore out from the middle is exactly what I’d be looking to do. It’s a clear weakness when they play together through a lack of a proper defensive midfielder to plug the gaps and it doesn’t happen on Leigh/Brown’s side - they’re a good pairing and more athletic. Moore is in his element centrally watching the aerial ball and keeping him there is key to a clean sheet.

Goals galore. 3-3 draw.

Shame we couldn’t sell out. I guess it is a good indication of just how many people would be willing to travel to Adams Park for β€˜Home Games’ in a couple of years time.

Get that extension at the Kass sorted, sharpish!
Can’t get too disappointed by not selling out; it’s half term, we’re abroad as I’m sure many others are.
2-2 draw.

Cummings

Long Moore Brown Leigh

Matete cam
Reuben

Dale Harris Murphy

To start, then use Tyler/Burey once they start to tire.

The competition in the group now means people have to raise there games to stay in the starting 11.

I'm feeling much more confident than others om here. Think we win 2-1

I’m very worried about today’s ref, he’s already sent two of our players off this season, in that farcical home game against Bristol R when he issued 3 reds in total and numerous yellow cards. The red for Mills later got rescinded as it was a terrible decision and Smyth was only on the pitch for about 5 mins during which he got 2 yellows!

Let’s hope he’s more lenient this afternoon otherwise this could be carnage!
If he carries on from that performance, the club should ask the FA that he doesn’t officiate Oxford games again.

And still 400k on the bench

Attachments

• IMG_2252.jpeg
    IMG_2252.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2253.jpeg
    IMG_2253.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom