Home Match Build Up 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely only a good thing for us, right?

Stevenage were on a horrible run of form, but even so this level of disruption canā€™t help. The Stevenage playersā€™ season was basically over anyway and they now wonā€™t obviously be playing for a space in the team next year (/ have any manager to impress).

Honestly Jesus Christ the footballing gods are smiling on us.

Last edited:
Also there was a Rotherham fan engaging George Elek on Twitter earlier saying that it was right that Richardson went as he ā€˜doesnā€™t play the attractive football that Rotherham fans expectā€™ (or words to that effect).

Enjoy Evans!

Undoubtedly good news.

Half their squad will already be wondering if they can double their wages by moving to South Yorkshire this summer. The other half will be waiting to see who the permanent new boss will be before busting any guts.

Revell may gee them up as best he can - but they've got nothing to play for, with just two games to go, playing for a manager that is unlikely to be in charge come August and certainly won't have time to affect much before the summer.

Put it this way - if we heard this news two days before Lincoln or Blackpool were due to play Stevenage - we'd be gutted.

Also there was a Rotherham fan engaging George Elek on Twitter earlier saying that it was right that Richardson went as he ā€˜doesnā€™t play the attractive football that Rotherham fans expectā€™ (or words to that effect).

Enjoy Evans!
I have to say that I think that is slightly unfair on Evans, I think he can adapt to circumstances and doesn't always play the same way. I can remember a Crawley team he brought here in the Conference days that were a proper footballing outfit.

He's also done a brilliant job at Stevenage, from League 2 relegation candidates to League 1 play off contenders in a couple of years. Horrible bloke though and Rotherham are welcome to him and Rayner.

I have to say that I think that is slightly unfair on Evans, I think he can adapt to circumstances and doesn't always play the same way. I can remember a Crawley team he brought here in the Conference days that were a proper footballing outfit.

He's also done a brilliant job at Stevenage, from League 2 relegation candidates to League 1 play off contenders in a couple of years. Horrible bloke though and Rotherham are welcome to him and Rayner.

I reckon if you stick a few quid on Rotherham to get promoted next season you won't go far wrong, both the club and Evans know how to get out of this league.

Enjoy Evans!
That's crazy, they are Rotherham United, not Brazil 1970.

I reckon if you stick a few quid on Rotherham to get promoted next season you won't go far wrong, both the club and Evans know how to get out of this league.
They will be odds on favourites I reckon. Been there done that.

Have to say, I saw him interviewed a few months ago, and I was vv surprised. Came across as pleasant and intelligent. I read somewhere that his matchday 'antics' are not representative of the way he behaves elsewhere. He certainly knows how to put a lower league team together. Did a brilliant job at Stevenage on a tiny budget. His departure makes Friday night a lot more straightforward imo.

They will be odds on favourites I reckon. Been there done that.

I don't see them winning the league but coming second, taking one of the automatics up. Considering who could come down with them, not the basket cases of last season, it could now be very hard to get promotion next season, especially if Peterborough say were to win the play offs and leave Bolton down here, getting in the play offs could be bloody hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom