Home Match Build Up 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be odds on favourites I reckon. Been there done that.
I am really not sure about that.
Rotherham have been awful this season and have a big disadvantage.
I reckon he will do well to get them in the play offs.

I am really not sure about that.
Rotherham have been awful this season and have a big disadvantage.
I reckon he will do well to get them in the play offs.

Whatโ€™s the big disadvantage?

21 points adrift of the rest of the relegation pack and four league wins all season doesn't look like a team that's about to set League 1 on fire
They'll have better players than Stevenage though and they nearly got into the playoffs, plus he'll add more large brutes and instil his sneaky ways.

Will we fall flat on our faces again on sky?..perhaps we're due a good performance on tv.

Whatโ€™s the big disadvantage?
21 points worse than anybody else seems to me to be a huge disappointment me.
Under Warne, they were competitive in the Championship. They kept their ( nearly Championship) side together mainly and had a really good manager.
This time, they are a relatively very bad side, a new manager.

21 points worse than anybody else seems to me to be a huge disappointment me.
Under Warne, they were competitive in the Championship. They kept their ( nearly Championship) side together mainly and had a really good manager.
This time, they are a relatively very bad side, a new manager.

We will see, gap between the championship and league one is big enough that they will still have good players at this level, plus between the club and Evans they will know what players work at this level to bring in and he is good at building a team that overperforms. Thatโ€™s and they have been earning championship money makes them a threat at the top.

We will see, gap between the championship and league one is big enough that they will still have good players at this level, plus between the club and Evans they will know what players work at this level to bring in and he is good at building a team that overperforms. Thatโ€™s and they have been earning championship money makes them a threat at the top.
Yes lets see.
In recent seasons clubs coming down have generally not found it easy ( some stat I will try and find showed how difficult was).
I would put more money on the other 2 that come down

After learning of today's news about Cllr Levy (responsible for signing the Heads of Terms of course) formally objecting to the new stadium, a few chants of "don't vote lib dem" to the tune of "you're f*****g s**t" wouldn't go a miss on Friday night.

Nothing but good news this - for all his faults, I think Evans would have his team fired up and motivated to play the Dog & Duck XI, never mind a live game on Sky where they could put a dent in our playoff ambitions.

No idea if Revell can manage or not, but I'm sure Stevenage's motivation levels took a dip with this announcement. And they've been playing over their heads all season.

We just have to be good enough to take advantage.

We should prepare to win this one after all these goals raining in. The penalty should never have been given. When we get to the premier league VAR will help us๐Ÿ˜€

Ainsworth linked with the Stevenage job, probably be announced tomorrow just to give them a new manager bounce.

Ainsworth linked with the Stevenage job, probably be announced tomorrow just to give them a new manager bounce.

Sounds about right - Stevenage playing 'A*****e manager bingo' with him, Evans and Westley.

They would then just need Joey Barton to complete a row.......

We must not take anything for granted. Tough game, all games tough at this time of the season and we have the dreaded TV cameraโ€™s and 3 games in 6 days!
Letโ€™s hope a good a omen is itโ€™s 19th April, one day short of one of our anniversary of one our greatest days

We must not take anything for granted. Tough game, all games tough at this time of the season and we have the dreaded TV cameraโ€™s and 3 games in 6 days!
Letโ€™s hope a good a omen is itโ€™s 19th April, one day short of one of our anniversary of one our greatest days

I think Tuesday has put paid to that.

I think Tuesday has put paid to that
If we cannot beat them on Friday after this (and the fact they cannot realistically get in playoffs then we don't deserve to get in the playoffs and the players & Des will need to take a hard look at themselves - Exeter away is the tougher game

Iโ€™d make a few changes.

Cumming, Long Moore Brown Leigh, McEachran, Browne Rodrigues Brannagan Murphy, Harris

That means resting/dropping Stevens, Dale & Goodrham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom